Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers Need help in Authentication

Article about: Hi Everyone I would welcome your observations on the hangers in the attached photos Do you think their authentic or not please? Any comments would be gratefully received Thanks John

Default Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers Need help in Authentication

Hi Everyone

I would welcome your observations on the hangers in the attached photos

Do you think their authentic or not please?

Any comments would be gratefully received

Thanks

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication   Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication
    P
    Many

John before the forums Kriegsmarine expert gives his authenticated blessing. Could you show pics of the inside of the lionsmask buckles?

This would help greatly !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    John before the forums Kriegsmarine expert gives his authenticated blessing. Could you show pics of the inside of the lionsmask buckles?

This would help greatly !

Regards Larry
    It appears that the pair on the left are hollow stamped and the pair on the right are solid cast/formed, (in case he only has these two photos).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Harrylamb2, Larry and Ralph.
    Please see attached photos of behind the lion mask(on the bottom) and the anchor on the top.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication  

?

Hi John,
    The straps with the anchor on the buckle are Russian (post war). Those with a lion on the buckle appear to be original kriegsmarine.

Regards
    Jakub

Thankyou Sorge for your knowledge ..would it be possible if available to show pics of these type hangers with a Russian Naval dagger for comparison?

The authentic lions mask usually has an odd stamping inside the hollow buckle.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks very much for your reply Sorge, much appreciated.
    John

Thanks for the comment Larry.
    Would it be possible for you to post a link showing what the inside of an authentic hollow lion's mask looks like?
    Cheers
    John

I would invite the opportunity if someone or dr73 could post a photo of the inside of these buckles ..there is a marking in there I believe of a "W" or something that resembles that.

I'm presently not near any Kriegsmarine reference that I could share a pic from.

Looking to have the edged community to complete this thread with a few pics.

Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast