Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers Need help in Authentication

Article about: Hi Everyone I would welcome your observations on the hangers in the attached photos Do you think their authentic or not please? Any comments would be gratefully received Thanks John

Thanks Larry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thankyou Sorge for your knowledge ..would it be possible if available to show pics of these type hangers with a Russian Naval dagger for comparison?

The authentic lions mask usually has an odd stamping inside the hollow buckle.

Regards Larry
    Hello Larry.
    Here are a few pictures of the soviet hangers and belts from my collection. A 1940 pattern with a "quiet " lions.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication  

?

A 1945 pattern with an "evil " lions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication  

?

A 1955 pattern, parade (yellow) and everyday (black) for officers and NCOs.

?

A belt with a hangers and a buckle for a senior officers.

Time uncovers everything

Thankyou Oleg for sharing from your collection ..the members and forum benefit from seeing the truth.

The similarities of the lions mask are close in detail yet discernible through careful examination.

A question: - is there any connection between the Russian produced and the German produced?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello Larry,
    my pleasure. Lion's masks on the early hangers of the soviet dirks have been adopted from the hangers of imperial naval dirks of Russian Imperial Army(RIA). And I think that the german hangers have been also made on a sample of the hangers of the naval daggers of the russian imperial fleet. As far as I know, the Kaiser Wilhelm II has disposed to enter dirks for officers of navy of Germany after the meeting with the Russian tsar Nicholas II in 1901. During this meeting the Russian naval officers have worn their dirks and it was pleasant to Kayser. On the pictures below you can see a differences between the RIA and early soviet hangers. The RIA hangers are from the collection of my friend Alexander aka Preussen.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication   Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication  

Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine dagger gilted hangers  Need help in Authentication 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2