Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with belt, hangers and portepee

Article about: Hi, Some years ago, I inherited my grandfather and among his things was various WW2 german antiques, which he got fighting in the Norwegian army. Among these are some Wound Medals, Merit Med

erik81
    ?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with belt, hangers and portepee

Hi,

Some years ago, I inherited my grandfather and among his things was various WW2 german antiques, which he got fighting in the Norwegian army. Among these are some Wound Medals, Merit Medals and a badge I haven't been able to pin down yet (what looks like a steering wheel).

The most interesting of the bunch is a full Kriegsmarine Line Officer Dagger set from Eickhart Solingen (according to my research). Since the entire set has been stored away it is, in my opinion, in very good condition, almost as it must have been as new. I've attached pictures below of the set and please excuse the poor quality of pictures since taken with my phone. The pictures scale up if you click them. As you can see it includes the dagger, belt with buckle and everything else, a complete set. I would really appreciate an appraisal even if I am not sure I want to sell it.

2. # ADS

?

Hi Erik and welcome to the forum . I need to see better Pics but this set looks to have a lot of potential to me ! You are right , it does not look like it has seen the light of day for many a year !! The maker is Eickhorn . Look at the fire gilt still on those fittings and on the undented scabbard , just fabulous ! Fouled anchor etch looks good and the hanger set hasn't even been unwrapped ! Please post a lot more better quality close ups of everything shown , but i like what i see up to now
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

For now these KM dagger looks ok to me, transition type of Carl Eickhorn logo/dagger, before changes in the last type, during 1941/1942.
    But i also want to see better photos.

Regards
    Vedran

Hi Erik..try not to use flash in your photos..indirect lighting or outside photos on an over cast day..will bring the detail closer. Hopefully this dagger is in your possession..for you to do this. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Erik, I seem to have missed this post. From the pictures I would say the daggers looks fine to me. I would really like to see some detailed pictures of it. Like Larry said it is best not to use flash.

Danny

I sent him a PM and hopefully he will respond to more photos. This was his only forum post with a last activity of 12/30...so hopefully he will respond to my PM..I still would like to see clearer pics also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

erik81
    ?

Hey guys,

Got your messages but was busy over the holidays. I will try to get some better quality pictures and post them here within the next week.

I only have a basic digital camera, what would be the best way to take pictures and what kind of pictures would you like (of which details)?

Hi Erik...as far as what pics to take...close ups of the pommel.. crossguard front and back...producers logo..grip wire.. scabbard bands..the blade etch if possible..

For photo exposure...a well lt room with indirect lighting..or outside on an over cast day. A table top tri-pod which is very inexpensive for the still shots...the use of a timer on the camera is best. No risk of movement..that would blur pics.

A basic digital camera is more than enough..which these days carries more than 12mega pixels. The lowest in Mega pixels is 7 IMO to take great photos. I seen some greta photos come from pocket digital cameras..so i am very sure your camera would suffice Regards Larry