Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed

Article about: Hello, need help with this dagger, it seems legit to me, but I m not an expert on it...I want to buy some nice for Chrismas Thanks all for help

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed

Hello,
    need help with this dagger, it seems legit to me, but I m not an expert on it...I want to buy some nice for Chrismas Thanks all for help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed   Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed   Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed   Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed
    P
    Many

The only thing I can tell you from memory is the black grip were on post ww1 daggers. The scabbard is a first pattern, so maybe the owner served in both wars just a thought. I wish I could tell you more on the dagger, the dagger experts should be alone soon. Welcome to the forum and for becoming a member.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I agree with TD.

If I am not mistaken, the earlier, hammered scabbards came with plain bladed daggers. (no etching)
    Ralph.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Does look awesome. Wish I had something to add but hoping to hear more. is this very rare? Have not seen one before.

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    there were only two german naval daggers with the black grips. These were the daggers of the pattern 1919 and 1921. The dagger in this thread does not have a typical replacement eagle, but an eagle that was used by the company Weyersberg. The crossguard seems to be also one of a M1938 dagger of the Kriegsmarine. The daggers with the black grips were replaced in 1929 with the new pattern M1929 with white grips. So there were no Krigsmarine daggers with the black grips. I don't like the scabbard as well. I also don't like this blade with the sailing ship motif without a maker mark, it can be from the post-war period. The handle looks not bad for me at the first glance. The knot of the Portepee is a "clove hitch knot " used until 1925. I personally would not buy this dagger. It is only my humble opinion of course. Here is a picture of the Reichsmarine daggers from my collection. If you need detail pictures, I can also post they.
    Best, Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model etched dagger with black grip - Authentication needed  

?

I agree with Oleg. I also think that the scabbard and blade are post war.

Danny

Thanks all for kindy welcome and help !
    now I see, then dagger seems to be not legit...This info I received from one collector on another forum and it is almost the same like here...

Sorry to say but IMO the dagger and the hangers are both reproductions. The dagger lacks the detail to the fittings normally seen on this 1921 pattern. Another telltale sign is the artificial patina that is smeared unnaturally over the entire piece to make it look old. The hangers have no inner hanging wear to the clips. Always look for corrosion of the metal eyelets. These were make of steel and corroded rapidly and even on rarely used and carefully stored original examples still exhibit some level of age. I have seen this pattern dagger often with an Alcoso makers mark on the sailing ship etched blade for sale on eBay. Two sellers, one in France and the other, Germany are routinely selling these. Well made fakes IMHO.

?

Well you had your answers....
    And now to some advice, and i quote:

Hello,
    need help with this dagger, it seems legit to me, but I m not an expert on it...I want to buy some nice for Chrismas Thanks all for help

Buy a nice box of chocolates for the misses instead, she might be grateful and help you out on Christmas eve.......cheaper and way more satisfying

Best
    Ger