Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Article about: Opinions on this one please chaps. It belongs to a friend of mine and I have been meaning to try and buy the thing off him, but I just wanted to check things over first. Would about £400 be

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Opinions on this one please chaps. It belongs to a friend of mine and I have been meaning to try and buy the thing off him, but I just wanted to check things over first. Would about £400 be a good price if all is well? The eagle is a little loose, but if you tighten it all the way it is facing the wrong way so something is up.

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Krad, Nothing wrong with this one, it looks alot like my Eickhorn actually, dented scabbard and all, I had the same problem with the pommel, whatever you do dont over tighten it to get it to face the right way, just turn it back half a turn and leave it loose, you may be able to put some kind of padding inside to keep it tight, not sure why this happens maybe somebody here can shed some light on that problem. The price is right on target IMO

Hi Krad..nice Naval you have but it sounds better when I say it to the ladies. The Eickhorn logo is a rare variant. Very nice dagger to have for the type collector. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks chaps

Larry it isn't mine, yet... I hope to tempt it away from the collection of a friend. The logo actually threw me off a little when I was doing my own research. I struggled to match it. Good to know it is a good one.

Hi Krad..is there any damage or cracking on the top of the grip..that may cause it to condense..and turn a bit more than normal?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Not that I noticed Larry, the grip was fully intact from what I remember.

I think a more qualified answer should come from Dr73 "danny" I seem to think that the crossguard should sit a little more flush on top of the brass fitting between the crossguard and scabbard.

for reference of other 2nd types https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ection-342128/

?

Hi Krad, first of all, like others already said, your dagger is a nice untouched Eickhorn navy dagger with the last trademark this producer used. This makes this dagger a late-war example. The problem you have with the pommel is occasionally encountered with navy daggers. A possible explanation for this is that the dagger was disassembled at some point in time and not put back together propperly. I have seen this more than once. This causes a small space in the area around the crossguard (see added picture). When that happens, the pommel can't be turned as far as it used to with the result that the eagle is facing the wrong way.
    Many new collectors don't realize that a navy dagger is a bit harder to put back together than for example a heer dagger because of the construction of the crossguard. A navy crossguard consists of several pieces where a heer crossguard is just made out of one piece.

Danny
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger 

Collecting helmets AND edged weapons Andy????? ...... your wallet will become a moth breeding ground quick smart!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

The price is very fair IMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast