Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbard

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbard

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbard
    P
    Many

Hi Scott welcome to the forum..although these 2nd Model naval daggers were all brass made..... No silver example existed..nor represented the Kriegsmarine in level of rank or award type capacity. This thread should make for a great discussion. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

nice dagger,strange scabbard?

Scabbard looks like it was nickeled at some point, post war? but why? Repro? Either way thats a first for my eyes on a navy dagger.....

Hi Guys, I'm adding some more close up pictures of the scabbard I too am somewhat confused why it has a silver finish, but I do not think it is a fake. Let me know your views. Thanks

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbardKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with silver scabbard
    Last edited by scottmadoo; 09-29-2014 at 01:55 PM.

The blade lost all of it's finish over time. Before, many were saying these silver scabbards were for KM adminisration,
    but that's no true.
    Also, one collector/dealer with high reputation was saying that it's for a German automobile club, which is also not true.
    The scabbard was nickel-plated over steel before gilding

A first for me as well. Odd that there is not a
    speck of gilt on it anywhere.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I have a similar Alcoso scabbard on my Adolf Braun, and there are remains of the gilt on it, but my friend has one which does not have a single trace of it.

Scabbard bands appear to be embossed through the scabbard shell and not separately applied. I would be real careful with this one....Something dr73 Danny needs to see. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would say it's original piece, and non-separate bands were used in the last stages of production. That's also what Wittman nentioned in his book.
    Based on the details I see, I'd say this is the Eickhorn scabbard.

Let's hear what others have to say.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast