Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger

Article about: Hi, I am new to this forum, I am looking to buy a Kriegsmarine dagger, but before that, I would appreciate if you could please give me your views. I attach photos of this dagger, best regard

Smile Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger

Hi, I am new to this forum, I am looking to buy a Kriegsmarine dagger, but before that, I would appreciate if you could please give me your views. I attach photos of this dagger, best regards and many thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Höller etched dagger
    P
    Many

from what I understand the blades with a sailing ship are post 1945.wait for others to say.changed my mind its ok.
    Last edited by harryamb2; 03-29-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks, will definetely wait for further comments

?

A sailingship etch on a navy can indicate that it's post war but only in combination with certain makers. Quite a few makers used the sailingship etch in the TR period. Such makers are WKC (also used the fouled anchor), Alcoso and Höller. The one that is shown here is completely original. Also good to see is the springy wire on the grip. Höller is the only maker that used this kind of gripwire on their navies. Only the buffer pad might have been changed because Höller is known to use only leather buffer pads.

Best
    Danny

Hello jamoros: Welcome to the forum. Check this thread out maybe it will be helpful to you.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/krieg...holler-411715/

Luke

The dagger shown here is fine. Aside from the gilt being 99.99% gone, I can see nothing wrong at all with this one. And, yes-Sailing Ship etches were certainly also used on period daggers-as well as post war.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Many thanks to all for your explanations, so just to fully understand, is this dagger then a post-war one? Also, do you think 700 Euros is a fair price to pay for this dagger?, appreciate all your answers, thanks, Juan

Thanks, very helpful indeed, Regards, Juan

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Many thanks to all for your explanations, so just to fully understand, is this dagger then a post-war one? Also, do you think 700 Euros is a fair price to pay for this dagger?, appreciate all your answers, thanks, Juan
    700 is a bit high in my opinion.

I got the complete set here for a bit more: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/krieg...95/?highlight=
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    The dagger is original but because of the lack of guilding I think €700 is too much.

Danny

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast