Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Kriegsmarine dagger collection

Article about: Here's another Alcoso with hammered scabbard. This time with a beautiful orange grip. Typical for Alcoso are the hammered scabbard rings they used on all hammered scabbards. Again, like all

?

This will be the last one for today. I'll post some more tomorrow

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger collection
    P
    Many

?

Danny , one thing intrigues me .......how do manage to find all these KM daggers and not one of them has a ding in the scabbard , not even the early ones ......a top collection and a real treat to see !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

ther's only one word.Beautiful.

Impossible to choose a favorite! They're All superb!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Danny, your Naval daggers are fantastic, I like orange grips on this type of daggers. You was certainly right, when you say we have same illness Now I have to purchase nice Naval dagger, because I just want to have one in my collection, but in same time my wife want nice gold ring to add into her collection

Extremely nice and very advanced dagger collection and very valuable thread!

Regards Peter

Another Great Thread Of Reference!!....now pinned at the top!... An in-depth study of the Kriegsmarine dagger.

Along with PeterCollectors "Wehrmacht Dagger Collection...together it is......."The Best In Eye Candy"....Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks a lot for your kind comments guys Here is the next one by Alcoso. This is a real early one with the so called flaming ball pommel. Right after this one the well known swastika pommel was introduced. Officers were allowed to keep their Weimar dagger but had to change the pommel. I love the grip of this one. It turned to a nice dark red colour over the years. The Alcoso trademark on this one is the first trademark this producer used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

?

The next one I would like to show has a standard lightning bolt scabbard and a very nice orange grip. Very interesting to see the small differences when you compare this scabbard to a WKC of Eickhorn scabbard. The trademark is the second one, used by this producer on their navy daggers. I just love these patinaed portepees. You can tell it's been there forever.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

?

The next one is the variant with the hammared scabbard. At first glance every hammared scabbard looks the same but when you compare them with other makers, many differences are visible. Interesting to see that the gilding of the release button has completely disappeard. Typical for Alcoso is the "silver" look of the button after the gilding is gone. This detail is also visible on the Ivory grip Alcoso I posted earlier. I haven't seen this on any other maker. The trademark is the final one used by this maker. The letter "C" was replaced by the letter "W" after the owner of the factory (Alexander Coppel) was arrested by the germans because of his jewish descent.

?

The first KM dagger i ever bought was a WKC, and i bought it from...YOU
    What you show here is fantastic
    You made excellent pics and provide us with great reference material.

Now its easy to see how a real Flaming Ball pommel looks like, see the dots in some of the flames in a pattern.
    They never are this way on the tonns of fakes that hit the market these days.

Im sure you gonna show us also the differences between pre-war/war and Post war logo's of a maker who produced in wartime and postwar
    This is a great tread, and thx for all the effort, its a lot of work to arrange all the pics in the way you make them.
    Crisp, detailed pics, Thx again Danny!!

Ger

btw: its like Ade says, i wear my like button out, all pieces deserve one.....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast