Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Kriegsmarine dagger collection

Article about: Here's another Alcoso with hammered scabbard. This time with a beautiful orange grip. Typical for Alcoso are the hammered scabbard rings they used on all hammered scabbards. Again, like all

?

You can tell it has the earlier style scabbard bands just by comparing it to the more seen variant in the two pictures I show here. The one with the golden portepee has the later style scabbard. It's not a very big difference but they certainly are different.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger collection
    P
    Many

?

The last one I show today also has the mid period stamped trademark but this one has the later style scabbard. The scabbard is one of the best I have ever seen on a navy dagger. I have more navies that I will show in the near future, but that won't be before next weekend
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

?

Lovely to see all these great daggers and notice the differences between makers.
    Keep them coming Danny!

Ger

An Amazing collection of KM's! I am particularly struck by the portapee on post 29! It is one of the mintiest I've yet to see! How many total do you have in your collection of just the KM's?

(and Thank you for Finally showing a few with minor sheath dents! I was beginning to wonder! lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wonderful collection.!!!

?

Here's another navy dagger from my collection. This one is by the rare maker P.D. Lüneschloss. The pommel eagle is typical for this maker. This dagger is the only personalized navy dagger in my collection. It has the owners name engraved on the blade and on the top of the scabbard. When I bought it, the former owner already had done some research. He found out that this dagger belonged to "kapitänleutnant" Theodor Heim. Theodor Heim joined the imperial navy in may 1920 and entered the kriegsmarine as "leutnant" in 1939. He was promoted to the rank of "kapitänleutnant" on november 1941. This dagger is a great piece of history.

Danny

personalized great piece of History indeed....The Pommel eagle is stunning!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Lovely personalized dagger, in fab.shape!
    Hard to find those these days.
    Lovely hammerded scabbard, and a great grip!
    Thx for showing

Ger

Hi, A very impressive selection of what I considder to be one of the most attractive of TR daggers. Congratulations and thank you for the pleasure of seeing them!!!
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

?

Thanks for your kind words guys I will post some more the next weekend.

Danny

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast