Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

"Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed

Article about: Hi, please i need your help to know if the dagger are real or fake? Thanks.

mello67
    ?

Default "Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed

Hi,
    please i need your help to know if the dagger are real or fake?
    Thanks."Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed"Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed"Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed"Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed"Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed"Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed

2. # ADS

Default re: "Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed

Hi Mello welcome to the forum. The grip was an add on as it does not belong with this particular dagger, the pommel is crooked. The scabbard itself looks to be WKC type. The blade is ok and is weathered quite a bit. The chain is an add on also ,,, who knows when? I dont know. Could be a period replacement or recent. Overall condition is fair with a mix of parts. This dagger is made up of original parts. I am skeptical about the grip. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

mello67
    ?

Default re: "Real or Fake" Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with chained hanger - Authentication needed

thank you very much Larry.

?

I agree with Larry,

but i think the grip stands a chance, it looks like a genuine celluloid over wood type.
    By looking at the way its brooken, sharp edges ( hard blow on top that even dislocated the tang/ pommel) and the colour it does stand a chance.

Cheers Ger

?

I was thinking the same thing, it does match some of the KM dagger grips ie orange coloured and it appears that the colour is throughout the celluloid judging by the edges of damage, i would be tempted to gently see if the pommel unscrews, it maybe that the tang is still straight but the weak metal in the pommel has given way, if the tang is bent it can be heat treated to gently straighten it and a replacement grip found, the colour of the grip is a trait of Alcoso

?

Think its all been said above - dagger is a little beat up, the hanger really dosent go with it -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"