Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe

Article about: Hello everyone, I was able to take pictures of a Kriegsmarine knife that is possibly on sale, however all my knives are WW1 knives so I know little about the value of this type of knives. Is

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe

Hello everyone, I was able to take pictures of a Kriegsmarine knife that is possibly on sale, however all my knives are WW1 knives so I know little about the value of this type of knives. Is this dagger real/fake? If it is, what is the value approximately? It is an Eickhorn dagger and the pattern on the blade is barely visible but it seems to be two snakes near the base with some plants. All advice is welcome!

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe
    P
    Many

?

Hi Wolfang, your dagger is an original textbook 2nd model kriegsmarine dagger by Eickhorn. It is a late (1942 or later) example which you can tell by the last "over the shoulder" trademark the Eickhorn firm used. Interesting to see how high up the blade the Eickhorn trademark was stamped. Normally the trademark is a bit lower. Here's an example to compare.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe