Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepee

Article about: Hi all..i saw this dagger what appears to a be a very attractive naval dirk with ivory handle and hammered scabbard made by Hoerster. i know that Hoerster produced many naval daggers after t

?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with this dagger. It has a very desireable ivory grip in great condition. Personally I don't think the blade had been cleaned because the etch is in very good shape. I think it's more likely that the Hörster trademark wasn't stamped very deep. I've seen this on other Hörster navies too.

Best
    Danny
    Hi Danny , it is a great looking example . My cautious assessment of the blade condition was made based on the first four pics posted , especially photo no. 4 , the head on pic of the MM , where i was also looking at the condition of the steel all around that area , not just the worn MM . The etch condition in those first three pics doesn't look overly impressive either but could well be a trick of the light or the angle the pics were taken from that are not showing this lovely piece at her best . Either way , she's a beautiful piece of history .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger with ivory grip and portepee
    P
    Many

thanks a lot for help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2