Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee

Article about: Here is a Puma made Kriegsmarine dagger which was brought back to the UK by a veteran of the 1st Mountain Regiment RA , part of 52nd Lowland Division . It was found in the fighting on the Wa

?

Link does not appear to be working. Page one, A few new daggers to show you. Sorge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee
    P
    Many

?

Hi Tomaz,
    I would like to wait for additional pictures of the scabbard. On the pictures we have in this thread the scabbard bands and the scabbard throat looks to be not a Höller product for me. Let us see an additional pictures.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

No probs Oleg.
    Just for the thread hear are the bands normally seen on Pumas.
    Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee
    Tomaz.

?

Quote by thebig View Post
    Hello Paul.
    The crossguard is in a wrong position. You must assemble the dagger correctly. Please take a look at the crossguard of my Puma dagger. You will understand what I mean.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    I see what you mean Oleg and Tomaz ,it is quite likely that during it's long life in the hands of the veteran the Dagger has been taken apart at some stage and then put back together wrongly ! The buffer pad appears to be felt but the red colour is very faded ,i'll take some more photos later.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks Paul. If you look at the Puma on the thread by Sorge which I was referring to for the Klass dagger you will see the same leaf bands on his Puma as the ones in the picture I posted (dagger before the Klaas on Sorge's thread). The scabbard on your dagger may have been manufactured by Holler and sold to Puma so has the same basic designed leaf bands as Holler although not exactly the same because they were supplying it to another company. This is just my theory on the scabbard.

Best Tomaz.

?

Like Oleg I don't think the scabbard of the Puma dagger that was posted by Paul was made by Höller. Höller scabbards have very straight edges of the scabbard bands. I would like to see a picture of the scabbard screws. Puma used flush mounted screws. Here's an example from my collection to compare.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee  

?

Danny the bands on your Puma are the same ones as the Puma I posted in post 13 so they are correct and what is normally seen on Pumas, the bands on Pauls dagger are different and most resemble Hollers that's why I think the scabbard could be a Holler product. Straight edges are easily altered for another company, in this case Puma, but if you look at the leaf pattern/placement it most resembles Hollers. As far as the screws are concerned Holler also used flush mounted screws.

Best Tomaz.

?

Here are some more photos , aplogies for the quality but i'm having to take them on my phone !

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee

1st July 1916

?

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee

1st July 1916

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast