Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard

Article about: Hi all! I picked this up from a local who inherited it from his uncle who brought it back. I'd like to know more about the history and significance of this particular design. For that matter

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard

Hi all! I picked this up from a local who inherited it from his uncle who brought it back. I'd like to know more about the history and significance of this particular design. For that matter...is it all original?

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard   Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard

All original apart from the little chain which may have been simply put there to hang it from the wall postwar. Super dagger! Love it especially the grip colour! The hammer finish scabbard is nice to see too. Slightly less common.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and hammered scabbard

Thanks Ade! Any thoughts on how to tighten up the grip where it meets the hand guard (I'm not sure what the proper terminology is so please forgive me)? It's pretty loose.

You are really better off leaving it loose. The grips can easily crack if the pommel is too tight. Or the threads inside the pommel can get stripped if over tightened. If it is really bad you could carefully add some shims made from thin card. But use extreme caution!

Cheers, Ade.

HDTony
    ?

Dzyner

Very nice, thank you for posting it. One day I will own one myself, got to love the look.

Tony

?

HDTony,

You're very welcome, and thanks for the compliment. I'm very picky about what I buy and this one was a true gem, despite the loose grip. The blade is just amazing!