Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Dolch Portepee in Silver for Reference

Article about: Just though I would post this for reference. It is one of the accepted variant poretpees for Kriegsmarine daggers. This example is un-issued and I picked it up with the intention of using it

Default Kriegsmarine Dolch Portepee in Silver for Reference

Just though I would post this for reference. It is one of the accepted variant poretpees for Kriegsmarine daggers. This example is un-issued and I picked it up with the intention of using it on my dagger. Not including the ball, it is approximately 16" long, (hard to measure accurately as it is still tied with the factory cord). This is the reason why it has not been tied to my dagger, I can't bring myself to cut the factory cords off.
    This one has the "cat's anus" configuration which is what makes it acceptable for use on the Kriegsmarine daggers.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Dolch Portepee in Silver for Reference
    P
    Many

Hi, I also would have a hard time using this example too!! I would leave it as is and look for another one to put on the dagger. Then comes the not so easy task of tying it on. Nice piece!

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Hi, I also would have a hard time using this example too!! I would leave it as is and look for another one to put on the dagger. Then comes the not so easy task of tying it on. Nice piece!
    I already have.
    Thanks!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

its very nice Ralph.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    its very nice Ralph.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

?

Hi Ralph, can you tell me what material the portepee is made from. I have a silver bullion, aluminium and nylon one but I cant tell from the pictures what this is made from. Thanks.

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    Hi Ralph, can you tell me what material the portepee is made from. I have a silver bullion, aluminium and nylon one but I cant tell from the pictures what this is made from. Thanks.
    Hello Tomaz,
    I believe this one is silver bullion. I don't think I have ever seen a nylon one yet.
    Here are a few more photos.
    Ralph.

I would not alter it either Ralph..but would display well next to a Kreigsmarine dagger.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill