Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Need Help

Article about: Kriegsmarine Eickhorn the original or a copy? Thank you for opinions !

?

Just had a quick look on the first page and found this cross guard on 2 post war/fakes. Check out the threads by Krisse and ineedcoffee, the same blade is seen on the one by Krisse.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Need Help
    P
    Many

?

Tomaz,
    you are right. We can observe similar parts on the daggers of Puma, Krebs etc. So I talk only from this certain combination of the parts. The combination of all these parts is typical for Paul Weyersberg. The eagle is one of two eagles I have mostly observed by the KM daggers by Paul Weyersberg. This is not a WKC eagle. With the crossguard is it not so complicated in my opinion. In my opinion it was a normal KM dagger by Weyersberg, the blade was broken, sharpened, or was rusted etc. and it was replaced with a fake blade. IMO.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

The eagle is not the standard WKC eagle that you would see on their daggers but imo its a generic eagle made by WKC to supply to other companys. Eickhorn made two different versions of the replacement pommel varying slightly from their own standard one and Holler also made one varying slightly from their own standard one, this generic eagle varies slightly from the WKC standard one, it is slightly narrower and has a modified beak and head, the swastika legs are shortened but the rest matches the design of the standard WKC pommel. This is easy to see by all the features on the pommel, especially the wreath.

?

Many components have similar details. Indeed, till present it was proved no manufacturer of the replacement eagles. No documents. Everything only the observations and supposition of the collectors.

?

Someone had to manufacture these pommels and as they are so close to their standard ones it seems common sense that they were manufactured by these company's. As people say, its all in the details.

?

OK, but it is no easy with details. An early eagle by WKC has his Head similar to Höller and his shoulders were similar to Eickhorn for example or an other maker. And who is a maker? Nobody knows that for sure.

?

Looking at the details of WKC, Eickhorn, Holler, Alcoso, Replacement and generic pommels I think it is clear to see the differences in these pommels. We will have to agree to disagree. I'll leave it at that.

?

My friend Andrei Dolinin from St. Petersburg and I, we have already made this work. We have published a book about KM dagger 1938 pattern. The book was published in Russia in April 2015, see pictures below. We have inspected many daggers of all makers before. And I know the differences. So, I say that a combination of the parts is always important if we have to do with generic or unknown makers parts. What is OK for Weyersberg will not be OK for Puma.
    Best regards,
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Need Help   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Need Help  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Need Help  

?

I see what you are saying Oleg and I agreed with you (posts 5, 7, 10) that it was most likely a Weyersberg, what Im saying is these parts and combinations are not solely found only on Weyersbergs. Wittmann shows this dagger (all the same fittings) on a Krebs on page 317 of his navy book, it even has the leather buffer pad.

?

You are correct, Tomaz. The dagger on the page 317 of the book of TW has same fittings and same or similar leather buffer pad. That's right. But please take a look at the scabbard throat screws. Do you see a difference? So, I would like to say, it is a Puma typical scabbard.
    Anyway, thanks for interesting discussion.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast