Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger

Article about: Hi all, I'd like to get some opinions on the attached Kriegsmarine Honor Dagger from anyone on the forum with experience identifying real from reproduction. I'm attaching some photos, and ca

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger

The Damast blade was a give away...

compared to this " simple" KM honor dagger, the real deal most be priceless,
    this one below is already a € 4500+ piece.
    This one was offered to a friend of mine who has a large Naval collection.
    Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction daggerKriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction daggerKriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction daggerKriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction daggerKriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-06-2012 at 07:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger
    P
    Many

?

This latter one looks way more restrained.

And way more original......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That too

Just a friendly question....in Gerrits photos ,, could this just be a dagger from an officer who had the extra cash to have a hand crafted or chased scabbard? .... and what would consider this to be an Honor dagger. Good topic of discussion Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Good question Larry,

my 2 cents: exceptions to the tight regulations most have been special gifts or Honordaggers.
    So i guess this one stands a good chance....

These are my 2 cents, now would like to see yours

Ger

Actually, I've always believed that there were many different "levels" of so-called honour daggers. It would depend, I think, on who was presenting them and for what. There were the "common standard honour" pieces such as the over engraved Damascus bladed and leather coated scabbard pieces with a standardized "Honor Inscription" on them signed by one of the top leaders such as Himmler,etc. and given to a limited but sometimes large number of recipients. Beautifully finished and cased,and absolutely desirous, but not the Top of the line. Daggers such as the engraved guards and Himmler dedication pieces would fall into this class. If you were a high enough officer and had the money, you could even custom order a "fancier than yours" dagger Yourself. Prestigious and highly coveted but by no means the Ultimate. Quite often you see Rank Promotional daggers or Retirement pieces-all fancy mounted and superbly finished, but again, not the Top of the line. These would be the "Special" honour daggers-usually made on a one of a kind special order only basis for one specific recipient for some above and beyond outstanding feat. It's here that you start seeing the solid gold trimmed,ivory and ebony gripped and bejeweled pieces and the recipients name is usually prominently engraved on it with the presenters name and dedication also on it. You could wear a standard type of SS Himmler Honour dagger every day on your uniform and no one would look askew at you for it, but you certainly would never dream of wearing a diamond set and solid amber gripped dagger with gold embossed personalized blade, etc except on Extremely high dress State occasions. Otherwise, it pretty much stayed at home in your locked case and most of the time out of reach for all sakes and purposes. If nothing else, the Germans certainly were "into" their daggers!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If nothing else, the Germans certainly were "into" their daggers!
    And some still are!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks for all of your help with this guys! I really appreciate it. Since I already have more photos of the dagger, I figured I post them regardless. If nothing else these will serve as a reference for other collectors who come across one of these...

Dzyner

Thank you Dyzner,, this is a great contribution in discerning the differences. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast