Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger

Article about: Hi all, I'd like to get some opinions on the attached Kriegsmarine Honor Dagger from anyone on the forum with experience identifying real from reproduction. I'm attaching some photos, and ca

Default re: Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger

Also of special note,,Army Officer daggers are a great example of enhancing in the Pommel, ferrule, scabbard carrying bands. Most widely seen is the acorn enhancenments in these areas. This of course was at an added cost also for the guys who had some left over beer cash. The same goes for the naval daggers and I agree also with Wagriffs statements with these being given out "In Honor" for recognition in achievement.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger
    P
    Many

Some additions,
    I've made a few pictures today for the same dagger. Everything is almost the same except maker name.
    This particular dagger is for sale. So is this fake or real?

Kriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction daggerKriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction daggerKriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction daggerKriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction daggerKriegsmarine Admirals Eickhorn reproduction dagger

?

Well Mona, a simple question?
    What does it costs?
    If its way below the 50K then take your own conclusions....
    This kind of daggers, when real, with the diamond swastika on the Pommel are so expensive, that normally these are only sold on Auctions.

Cheers,
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well Mona, a simple question?
    What does it costs?
    If its way below the 50K then take your own conclusions....
    This kind of daggers, when real, with the diamond swastika on the Pommel are so expensive, that normally these are only sold on Auctions.

Cheers,
    Ger
    I agreed. The seller is asking 7K. So it's a reproduction Ty

I am pretty sure the late Harvey Riley had one of these in his collection, (i think it maybe in one of the dagger books) although i think the blade had been snapped in half, i cant exactly recall what was wrong with it (maybe it was only the grip) i wish i had one though or even half of one
    cheers Ronnie

Hi Mona welcome to the forum..a price tag of $7M is a red flag. In todays market of technology it is more accessive to type in a few words and a myriad of images and websites will direct one person to the near truth of what anything is worth. Who ever is selling this must know what one of these are truly worth as Gerrit has pointed out. I have had the pleasure of examining one of these in hand through Tom Wittmanns example.
    The example here I will not go in to detail about since the real dagger still resides in the Estate of the late Robert Waites. This very example pictured here has surfaced before under the presentation date of August 31 1942 which the recipient is Admiral Norbeck.
    The original dagger which this one pictured is not would of been either privately sold or auctioned. The family knowing their fathers collection as it was quite vast and also the owner of the massive Adolf Hitler Solingen sword,,knows very well of its worth. It is a known fact that Robert Waites had owned 7 of these ,,and this one dated August 31 1942 being one of them. There are a few things wrong with this dagger that I will not contribute to the fakers and scammers who are crafting these and selling them for Fleamarket prices. Previously I have remarked on another thread of this same dagger or facsimile. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3