Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

Article about: I'm sure it will Ronnie Thanks Dave, that's a clever idea

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

Beautiful dagger!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

wow!

Hi Chris, a nice original dagger.

Dave has covered all the points correctly. Daggers in scabbards the wrong way around. Grrr.... Clearly someone has been messing around and it all needs putting back together correctly. The knot could be tied a bit better, but good luck with that! Took me 2 hours to tie my first one right

Cheers, Ade.

Cracking complete dagger mate i bet now this wont be your last dagger they are infectious i found this out myself a few years ago ,
    cheers Ronnie

P.S best of luck sorting the knot out

?

Ah, took me a while to tie one and i had a complete diagram sent to me from the information office of the German Embassy in London, but do you think i can find it now , what confuses people is that you have to start at the wrong end otherwise the acorn wont fit through the tied knot, its one of the most infuriating bit of cord tying ive ever known, but its a lot harder if you havent got the correct length of portapee

Sailors are supposed to be able to tie knots and us mere land lubbers always have problems!

?

Oh i dont know about that Ade, my missus ties me up in knots every time she gets a wacky idea in her head!!!!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sailors are supposed to be able to tie knots and us mere land lubbers always have problems!
    so true Ade RBEMER, its in one of the Johnson books how to tie it i will have a scan through and see if i can post a pic, probably wont be until tomorrow i am off to Chester races in an hour and the missus is looking at me with a frown at the moment for being on my laptop ;D

Lol Dave.
    Thanks for your comments guys. How can i distinguish the KM knot from the Heer one? Coz if this is a Heer i will need to find one that is a KM to match with the set.
    Thanks for the assistance Dave. I knew something was wrong with the hangers and to be honest i'm not sure how to place it on my torso with the KM collani.
    The reason i turned the eagle's head is coz it's a bit loose and in order to make it tight i had to turn it a bit
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I started writing my reply when there were the 2 first replies of wolf and dave. I clicked ''post reply'' and saw another 8 . I'm on my way out of home so i'll read the rest when i come back. Thanks everyone
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast