Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

Article about: I'm sure it will Ronnie Thanks Dave, that's a clever idea

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

Nice dagger,this is my next purchase when I can find one as nice as yours.Be warned this hobby will consume you like a brush fire

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Thanks for your comments guys. How can i distinguish the KM knot from the Heer one? Coz if this is a Heer i will need to find one that is a KM to match with the set.
    No difference. Both use the 42cm long knot. Your knot is correct. It could just be tied a little better, that is all. It will all look fine once it is put together right with the pommel on the right way around and the hangers put on correctly.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for your comments and input guys.
    If anyone knows a video or a diagram how to correctly tie up a knot i would be grateful. I'm searching the web but can't find anything. Not even a single video in youtube either
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Mike, you might be able to just tidy the knot up by loosening it off without removing it, then position the cords until it looks neater and tighter ,this might be attained by turning the cords until it looks symmetrical, but it might be an idea to show the whole knot face on so we can get an inkling if there needs to be a complete retie

?

Sorry for the name, i was talking to my son at the time, his names Mike , just typed without thinking lol

here you go Donkihotis had to go through the books the one you want is on the right ,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt  

Thanks Dave, i tried a while ago but i think i did it worse

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    here you go Donkihotis had to go through the books the one you want is on the right ,
    cheers Ronnie
    Hey Ronnie thanks a million mate. I will take it off and start from the beginning

your welcome mate please post a pic when done.................................it should keep you quiet for a while...........
    cheers Ronnie

?

Do yourself a favour and start from the acorn end and work in reverse, trying to get that large acorn through the cords is a real pain, especially if youve already tied around the eagle end as theres no slack

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast