Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee

Article about: Hello Gentlemen. I just want to show you my new addition, a KM dagger by Puma. The dagger is a textbook. The name of the owner is Hennig. I hope you like the dagger. Best regards, Oleg.

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee

Hello Gentlemen.

I just want to show you my new addition, a KM dagger by Puma. The dagger is a textbook. The name of the owner is Hennig.
    I hope you like the dagger.

Best regards,
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Puma etched dagger with portepee
    P
    Many

?

Very nice Puma Oleg,
    Ok I have more questions lol, I noticed on a recent thread you say Puma manufactured their own parts, when I look at Puma along with Clemen & Jung, P.D Luneschloss, Weyersberg and a few others who each produced small amounts of naval daggers (compared with Eickhorn, W.K.C, Holler and Alcoso) I see the same main fittings but with slight variations, mainly to the pommel head and different screws and buffer pads. So I would say these companies used generic fittings slightly altered to their design and did not manufacture their own parts.
    In complete contrast if you look at the fittings on Eickhorn, W.K.C, Holler and Alcoso you will not see these companies fittings with slight variations on other navy daggers to make up a specific companies dagger, so we know without a doubt that they manufactured their own parts.
    The only thing similar to Eickhorn, W.K.C, and Holler are the replacement and generic (what I see here) pommels which as you know I believe these companies are responsible for, but lets not discuss that again.
    Can you tell me what makes you think Puma manufactured their own parts especially when they never manufactured parts for any other type of dagger and did not produce many navy daggers compared to the companies who we know for sure manufactured their own parts.
    Is this just your personal opinion or do you have some kind of documentation.
    Thanks, Best Tomaz.

I am loving the discussions.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    Very nice Puma Oleg.
    So I would say these companies used generic fittings slightly altered to their design and did not manufacture their own parts.
    Can you tell me what Makels you think Puma manufactured their own parts especially when they never manufactured parts for any other type of dagger and did not produce many navy daggers compared to the companies who we know for sure manufactured their own parts.
    Is this just your personal opinion or do you have some kind of documentation.
    Thanks, Best Tomaz.
    Hi Tomaz, thank you.
    It's an interesting idea about the generic parts indeed. For example the firms like Puma, Hörster, Weyersberg, Krebs etc. have used the eagles of the same design with a slight differences. Puma, Weyersberg and Krebs have used a Same similar scabbards with a different screws. So we must always take a look at the combination of the parts.
    I have no documents about a production of Puma. And, as far as I know, the archiv of the Puma firm has burned in 1970-80.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Oleg, that is one beautiful dagger. I really like everything about. The portepee with the gold color and the red cat anus end that sets it off. As far as the discussion that is going back and forth with you and Tomaz i like it, and am trying to learn more about the navals.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Thank you, Marty.
    The subject naval daggers is very interesting indeed. And the daggers itself are a beauty.
    Best regards,
    Oleg.

?

Thanks for the reply Oleg.
    Yes Marty I like to ask questions and its a good way to learn stuff, even if you don't agree its ok because everyone will have their own opinion about some things through their own observations and comparisons, im sure there will plenty more questions asked in the future.
    Tomaz

?

Congratulations on finding this great Puma navy! This maker is not easy to find. Especially in this condition. It has all the characteristics I like to see on a Puma navy such as the "long neck" eagle and the flush mounted scabbard screws. Very nice indeed!

Danny