Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model unknown maker dagger without release button

Article about: Hello! This is a fleamarket find that im looking for information about! I guess its naval, but since i am primarly collection airforce and aircraft related things i dont realy know much abou

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model unknown maker dagger without release button

Hello!
    This is a fleamarket find that im looking for information about!
    I guess its naval, but since i am primarly collection airforce and aircraft related things i dont realy know much about this.
    My questions: What is it? Do you guys think its genuine or a copy?

Thankfull for any help!
    Best regards Joakim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model unknown maker dagger without release button
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model unknown maker dagger without release button

More pictures.
    If you need closeups or detailpictures please let me know.
    Im sorry about the poor quality of the pictures but i droped my real camera yesterday so now its broken

Hello Jocke, You are right, better pictures are needed. Sorry to hear about your camera. This is a 2nd model Navy dagger. Looks like it has had a rough life. Did someone sharpen the blade?

Luke

Original TR naval dagger, but in very poor condition.
    (Maybe Carl Eickhorn, I'm not sure)
    Someone had peeled the blade, so that the etching does not see, and realsed are button missing.

Regards
    Vedran

?

An original Kriegsmarine dagger which has seen better days. As a display piece in it's scabbard it will be fine but someone has completely ruined the best feature - the blade. It's been sharpened and is now mis-shapen, the engraving has been completely removed so basically it has been trashed.
    As mentioned, the release mechanism to keep it in the scabbard has been removed and there is also a crack on the handle.

Did you pay much for it? It won't hold any appeal to a collector but if someone has a spare set of hangers and portepee and wants a cheap piece to display then they might be interested but won't want to pay very much.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Saw a scabbard sell on Ebay last year sell for almost $200. If your doesn't have any major dent or dings it might bring decent money.