Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger with cut off blade and hangers

Article about: I just found this in a foot locker. The soldier served in the Infantry in WWI and in the Army Air Corps in WWII retired as a Warrant Officer. There is a lot more stuff which I will post late

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger with cut off blade and hangers

I just found this in a foot locker. The soldier served in the Infantry in WWI and in the Army Air Corps in WWII retired as a Warrant Officer. There is a lot more stuff which I will post later in another thread. This dagger was brought back. The swastica has been scraped off and the WKC blade was cut off (ouch!!) I am hoping to get a new blade and a new pommel with a swastika. Super nice gilt, hardly a scratch. Any idea on value? Can I get the parts I need to make this correct?

Thanks

BurtKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger with cut off blade and hangersKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger with cut off blade and hangersKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger with cut off blade and hangersKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger with cut off blade and hangers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger with cut off blade and hangers
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC dagger with cut off blade and hangers

Hi Burt, to me it is a nice item as it is. It tells a story. Not unknown for surrendering Officers to break the blade on the dagger to render it useless as a souvenir. The de nazification is again part of the story. To rebuild it will simply make it a "parts dagger" which the purist would "turn his nose up" at.

It is a good complete rig, keep it that way.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Agreed 1000%

Thanks for the tip Ade. I'll leave it alone. It does display very nicely as it is. This is my first dagger. Any idea of the value as is?

That is a tough one Burt. I could only guess?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice hangers.

Luke

I would be interested in purchasing this broken dagger if you would consider selling.

Bob

?

Very nice dagger,l would leave it as it is

Agreed with all above, great how it s, and certainly tell a great story.

Jason

?

Really tells a story, thanks for showing