Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee

Article about: Hi Guys, thought you might like to see this one. Coming up for sale in April. Scabbard is missing the screws to the throat. Cheers, Ade.

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee

Hi Guys, thought you might like to see this one. Coming up for sale in April.

Scabbard is missing the screws to the throat.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee
    P
    Many

?

A very nice portepee and knot Ade and some traces of gilt left especially on the pommel . I have its twin and have a penchant for Paul Weyersberg
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

All parts of the dagger are typical Weyersberg except for the pommel. I haven't seen this type of pommel before. Here's the pommel of my Weyersberg navy for comparison.

Regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee  

?

Hi Danny , are your thoughts that the pommel is not original to the dagger or not of the period ? In the OP's photo i am seeing damage to the head area on the pommel , perhaps there is some to the beak also , it is not easy to see close details from the photo .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

I agree that better pictures are needed to be sure. The pommel could be damaged, which could be the explanation for the difference in appearance. It certainly looks period to me.

Danny