Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Imperial Eickhorn damascus dagger with m38 pommel and deluxe scabbard

Article about: It looks to me like a German Naval dagger, but which model?

?

Default Re: What is this dagger?

Thanks for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eickhorn damascus dagger with m38 pommel and deluxe scabbard
    P
    Many

?

Hi TicTac , no problems with this dagger , it`s a beauty , is it yours ? . I love the ivory grip and note the traces of gilt left in the crevises on the scabbard , i love these little details . As for the pommel , all naval daggers still in service had to be upgraded in 1938 to bring them up to date with Third Reich doctrine , to find a 1st model dagger now with it`s original pommel is a rarity !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Nice early Eichorn damascus Naval! I think I, too, would change the portapee to dress him up abit- they're still available and would have a dramatic effect on this great old Navy! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I wish it was mine. It belongs to a friend of mine who had no idea what it was.

Agree with Alan ivory grip aswell as Damascus blade!! and like he says they used to swap over the pomell to upgrade very nice dagger indeed wish I had it!!
    great find,
    cheers Ronnie

Interesting very early logo..the "back to back" squirrel type..which was seen on early cutlery. Im curious for dr73 Dannys input on this early logo variant.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

about the logo i found this:
    This trademark was used from around 1890 to 1920 or so.
    The patent for the double squirrel trademark over "CE" was actually granted in 1904, then Eickhorn applied for another patent in 1921 using a single squirrel, so it's likely that that's when the double squirrel device went out of use.
    However....Eickhorn has itself stated that its various trademarks were applied sporadically and to the whim of the customer so it's difficult to date it to the decade.

It looks like Imperial blade with ivory grip with a TR pommel replacement.

Regards,
    Ger

?

Tic Tac I know nothing about daggers. But I had a shock when I saw your username.. As I have a dog called Tic Tac & I thought bejeez he has learnt how is use a computer & started to collect daggers.. good lad lol.. Sorry for wasting time but I couldn't help myself Cheers Terry.Imperial Eickhorn damascus dagger with m38 pommel and deluxe scabbard

?

I'm very sorry to say this but I don't like the Eickhorn trademark at all. I have never seen an original early Eickhorn trademark without the letters CE. Also the shape of the squirrel is not right imo. I have never seen this scabbard variation on imperial Eickhorn navy daggers. I would like to see some detailed pictures of the grip.

Danny

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Tic Tac I know nothing about daggers. But I had a shock when I saw your username.. As I have a dog called Tic Tac & I thought bejeez he has learnt how is use a computer & started to collect daggers.. good lad lol.. Sorry for wasting time but I couldn't help myself Cheers Terry.Imperial Eickhorn damascus dagger with m38 pommel and deluxe scabbard
    Larry me ladd, i thought you stopped drinking in the middle east
    Cheers,
    the OB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2