Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eickhorn 2nd model and WKC etched daggers - Need Authentication

Article about: Guys, here are two navy daggers I bought at a local militaria auction this past Friday. Thought you'd like to have a look, and your comments are welcomed. Hal Ps; The only thing I noticed wa

Hal
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hal here are some similar shots I took of mine to compare yours with...Hoping it helps. Screws on mine differ a bit and the tip of my scabbard is banded at end slightly different than yours
    Hi Rossi, thanks for the added pictures, they do help. The ball end of your scabbard is what I would expect to see but the ball on my scabbard was repaired or replaced. I've added a few more pics to try and show this. Hal
    A long time ago in a land far,far away....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn 2nd model and WKC etched daggers - Need Authentication
    P
    Many

Hal
    ?

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    Hal the screws should be dome head like what Rossi shows, the flat head ones on yours were used by Alcoso. Ive never seen a chape like that they do normally have a band around. Your dagger is a late war one with what looks like an aluminium or pot metal pommel so I wonder if it was just another way of saving a little bit of brass. Is there a small gap on the fit between the chape and the bottom of the acanthus leaves, it may have been replaced some time due to damage.
    Hi Tomaz, thanks for your reply. The pommel is pot metal and the scabbard screws should be dome head. Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Scabbard tip close-up

Guys, the ball appears to be repaired or replaced and dents or creases removed from lower part of scabbard; tried to show this in last pic. Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn 2nd model and WKC etched daggers - Need Authentication   Eickhorn 2nd model and WKC etched daggers - Need Authentication  

Eickhorn 2nd model and WKC etched daggers - Need Authentication   Eickhorn 2nd model and WKC etched daggers - Need Authentication  

Eickhorn 2nd model and WKC etched daggers - Need Authentication   Eickhorn 2nd model and WKC etched daggers - Need Authentication  

Hal
    ?

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    Hal the screws should be dome head like what Rossi shows, the flat head ones on yours were used by Alcoso. Ive never seen a chape like that they do normally have a band around. Your dagger is a late war one with what looks like an aluminium or pot metal pommel so I wonder if it was just another way of saving a little bit of brass. Is there a small gap on the fit between the chape and the bottom of the acanthus leaves, it may have been replaced some time due to damage.
    Hi Tomaz, you're right-on about the damage and replacement.My thanks to you and Rossi for making me take a closer look at this dagger. Regards, Hal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2