Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine 2nd model unmarked dagger take away from surrender at Flensburg

Article about: Hi all. This is my first post so please excuse any mistakes. This dagger was acquired at the surrender at Flensburg but apart from that I know nothing about it and would appreciate any help

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model unmarked dagger take away from surrender at Flensburg

I think it's a plain bladed example matey, cant seem to see any etch? and maybe an early WKC pommel?? what you recon
    cheers Ronnie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model unmarked dagger take away from surrender at Flensburg
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model unmarked dagger take away from surrender at Flensburg

Thanks all. I wondered if it was a first or second model? My Uncle, who was at the surrender, said it was from a submarine commander but as he originally had three (other two now long gone) I don't know if he remembered correctly. Sadly, I can no longer ask him.

The blade is plain, William with no discernible maker's mark on it.

I couldn't see any etching either, but from the photo angle, it is abit difficult to see for sure. The beak and hammer head eagle looks like an unmarked WKC to me also. And, yes-Second Model.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

shhhhhhhhhhhh........its in the scabbrd backwards!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Erica and welcome to the forum!
    I have to agree with all of the other comments posted. Please do not restore this piece of history. If you watch any of the antique shows, you must have noticed that when a piece of furnmiture has been restored, the appraiser always mentions that the value is considerably different than if the item was all original.
    A very nice example WITH history.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2