Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1.Stufe vom Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege.

Article about: I have this Medal and found the following link to compare. German WWII DRK 1st Class Medal - Cowan's Auctions This make it hard to decide what it can be as I expect my medal is a fake. Did n

?

Default 1.Stufe vom Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege.

I have this Medal and found the following link to compare.
    German WWII DRK 1st Class Medal - Cowan's Auctions

This make it hard to decide what it can be as I expect my medal is a fake.
    Did not have a scratch on it and what I see it is the same medal as the link.

Seen a similar for a large amount also with no markings. (See Link.)
    German Medals and Orders

That make it hard to find out what it is and I am sure my medal is a fake from what I see as it is to new and spacing around is not even it make my day when I am wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1.Stufe vom Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege.   1.Stufe vom Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege.  

1.Stufe vom Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege.   1.Stufe vom Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege.  

Last edited by Adrian; 05-06-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1.Stufe vom Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege.
    P
    Many

Default Re: I am affraid to ask but i expect a other fake.

Actually, that looks more like a Social Welfare 1st Class Neck Ribbon award rather than a Red Cross Cross. Unfortunately, it is, as you suspected not genuine also. It should be in Silver colored metal. The gold metals were for the 3rd Class Pin on awards. The suspension loop on the top is also out of proportion on this one. Here is a link on these awards to compare with:
    Red Cross/Social Welfare Award Guide
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: I am affraid to ask but i expect a other fake.

Thank you for this link the color and ring is close to Social Welfare 3rd class Cross according to the picture in this site.
    I am not be able to zoom in to the protected pictures on this website but keep searching.
    The first link I found in this auction looks the same medal in Gold color and classified as 1st class.