Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

10 medal ribbon bar identification

Article about: Alan did you get your money back ?

?

Default Re: 10 medal ribbon bar identification

Alan did you get your money back ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 10 medal ribbon bar identification
    P
    Many

So the plot thickens. I have just spoken to Alan on the phone and explained how I came into posession of the above pictured lot and will lay it out for you to see as well. I spotted the items on Ebay and made contact with the seller to see if he had other items from the soldier concerned. I was told he had not, and I in turn let him know I was interested because he was a soldier who served here in Jersey during the Occupation. A day or so later on the Wednesday i think it was the auction was terminated much to my annoyance...the seller knew I was waiting in the wings to bid. I emailed the seller to see what was going on and got a reply Thursday morning simply saying "TOO LATE". I emailed back saying what I'd have gone to if the auction had gone full term. I got another email saying "Wait and see". Meantime I was trawling ebay as you do and came across some other items to the same soldier being offered by another seller. I emailed and asked if he had other items and then realised that the 2 sellers were one in the same. I made an offer for the medal bars and the other items I had just found, which he accepted. I sent the funds and the goods arrived. At no time did I know that someone else (Alan) had already sent money for the lot. So in simple terms this is how the saga unfolded, for my part the items have returned to the Island where they hold much significance. Oberst Ziegler was the Artillerie Kommandeur (ArKo) of the 319th Artillerie Regiment here in Jersey. His bunker is just three minutes walk down the road from my front door. The items will go into my museum collection (The Channel Islands Military Museum, Jersey).
    I wish sellers would only put items to auction if they intend to allow them to go to full term..... thats fair to everyone, and I wish they would stop splitting lots like this up. I hate to see one mans history spread to all over the place.... so much of the story is lost when this happens.
    So this is my part in the saga, as explained to Alan and yourselves.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.

?

So the seller has stitched Alan up. I hope one of you will name and shame this person so others here won't make the mistake of dealing with him/her.
    Alan, at what point did you send money to the seller? Have you got any recourse on getting your money back?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

One unethical seller, I'd say.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Very diplomatically put Steve!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I did get my money back from the seller the following afternoon. I paid through paypal so it was always "protected". No explaination as to why...

I was just saddened that such behind the scenes misdealings could go on after a done deal. What could have been preserved as one set grouping, has now been totally decimated, because of the greed of one underhand seller to say the least on the issue!!

Underhand dealings CAUSE groups like this to be spread in the 1st place. Both parties are equally to blame for persuing the matter, esp since you were told it had gone... say no more.

May we ask what the sellers ID name was on eBay so that others can avoid dealing with things like this?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I am confused here. The ribbon bar in the picture posted by JERSEY 34 and the one in the picture posted by Alan Goodyear are clearly not the same item. The crowns on the 5th ribbon are completely different for a start.

Rob

Good observation,Rob! Taking a second look, there are Many differences-the size of the EK clasp,etc-and even the ribbons themselves seem taller. Did this seller have a whole different scam going on? Or is this something altogether different? The one posted by Alan looks more to Period than the one posted by Damien. It asks much to imagine that there could be Two identical ribbon bars(identical in the arrangement of medals) being offered for sale at the same time. Unfortunately, neither one seems willing to name the seller...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Indeed William ! It could be a bait and switch - showing an original item
    and sending out a fake ? There is something fishy going on here !

They are the exact awards, but there are definitely
    two ribbon bars.........!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast