Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

10 medal ribbon bar identification

Article about: Alan did you get your money back ?

Default Re: 10 medal ribbon bar identification

Exactly! Great call by Rob on this one!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 10 medal ribbon bar identification
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Exactly! Great call by Rob on this one!
    Thank you

So.. what exactly is going on here? Alan? Damien? Because this is just weird

Rob
    Last edited by Battery Command Post; 02-28-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Morning,
    There are two ribbon bars...both original, I showed one and Alan the other. I have no axe to grind with Alan but before I get tarred with the bad man brush I should say that the items were at auction for I believe a period of 7 days. I was watching and waiting to bid and during that time the auction was terminated. In my book thats where the fishness started, and at this point I would like to say "on the part of the seller". When I realised what happened I contacted the seller asking what was going on and at the same time said what I would have paid if the auction had gone to the end. At this point I did not know anyone else had bought and paid for them but my offer was accepted. If Alan wants, I am more than prepared to pay him for whatever other items he has of the group so its not "decimated", history is the most important thing here and I am all for preserving it as i have done for the last 40 plus years.

Thanks for the explaination, Damien. It seems all the 'strangeness'
    has originated from the dealer. It just looks very odd and
    confusing at our end !

Many ebay sellers will not end their auctions early, and I suspect
    it may be to prevent situations such as this..........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

No-one is tarring anyone with a 'bad guy' brush except perhaps the seller. Alan and Damien acted independently of each other and without knowing the other was after the same items.
    In post #20 Alan states there were three items and showed two of them. In post #22 Damien states there were 'medal bars' - plural. The two medal bars are different but show the same ribbons because there were two of them, hence the points raised about splitting up a grouping.
    Damien has the items and Alan has his money back so although the seller acted without integrity the issue appears to be resolved. If any discussion can be made regarding the bars then please continue, if not, I will close the thread as we aren't here to discuss the rights and wrongs of the deal.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

About the only remaining minor mystery that I can see, is why the 2 issued bars look so radically different from each other. Were they issued by different manufacturers? And, why did the man get them from different issuers to begin with? If he needed 2 of them, one would have thought that he simply would have requested a second set, but, apparently, he must have sometime down the road from getting the 1st one acquired a second uniform and needed a second bar for It, so he purchased a second set-which must have come from a different company. At any rate, it's still a dandy of a ribbon bar set. I wonder what Else came from this same man.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A friend of mine has told me that ww1 officers often preferred the small of the 2 types of bars, so one may well have been an earlier acquired one than the other. And I guess a 2nd bar attached to a uniform jacket meant when they changed jackets he did not have to mess around swapping the bar from one to the other?
    D.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4