Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

18 Years Service, Original or Fake?

Article about: by Stickgrenade It isnt Polizei, its a wehrmacht 18 year long service cross and a poor one at that. There should be more detail and stippling in the centre. Here is my example to compare Nic

Default 18 Years Service, Original or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 18 Years Service, Original or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 18 Years Service, Original or Fake?

This has a chance?

the top one im not sure on but the bottom one has copper corosion and im trying to think wheather it should be made of copper or not

tom

?

You should buy reference books and search old threads about your items so you do not have to depend on the experience of others.

steve i contradict you here sorry not everything is in reference books people now a days are making brilliant fakes and warrelics is here to help people who don't know

tom

As Talltom said, I prefer the experience of people who may have impressions yourself looking at a book.

?

I have no experience of Police medals but looking at the poor quality and the fact there is a chunk missing from the top arm, next to the suspension loop and the ribbon is fake, I would conclude it is a poorly cast repro.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Can't comment on the first one, but the Gau München Erinnerungsabzeichen were made of bronze or tombak. From what little that remains of the butchered photo's I think that the detail is too soft. Unfortunately the important parts for a positive i.d. such as the 1933 dated swaz and the notorious undersized, often broken pin are obscured. For these reasons alone I personally wouldn't touch it. Here's an example of real ones.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 18 Years Service, Original or Fake?  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It isnt Polizei, its a wehrmacht 18 year long service cross and a poor one at that.

There should be more detail and stippling in the centre.

Here is my example to compare

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images 18 Years Service, Original or Fake?  18 Years Service, Original or Fake? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I have no experience of Police medals but looking at the poor quality and the fact there is a chunk missing from the top arm, next to the suspension loop and the ribbon is fake, I would conclude it is a poorly cast repro.
    Hi Adrian,

It's not a police medal, it's an armed services medal. A metal emblem would have been pinned on the ribbon for either Heer, Kreigsmarine or Luftwaffe. (The Lufty one was the famous spread eagle clutching the swaz.) FTR, I'm not keen on it either, the 3 border lines around it don't look as distinct as others I've seen.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast