MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz

Article about: HPL2008 - Thank you for the reply - this seems to be a odd service range, the various colours were driving me crazy to say the least. - I have attached some rear and side shots, hopefully it

Default The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz

Hello all.

just wanted to share some of my items for you to see and ask if you could help me with a question or 2

From what I can figure out, the 2 buttons holds:

IC2
    Austrian WW1 Commemorative Medal
    The 1914/1918 EhrenKreuz
    Unkown 1
    Unkown 2

The Ribbon bar
    The middle Ribbon, a Gallipoli Star?

Medal bar, was somebody funny or is there a good explernation why there is a noncombat Ehrenkreuz?

Best regards
    Kloster
    The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz
    The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz
    The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz
    The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-21-2015 at 02:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz
    P
    Many

Quote by Kloster View Post
    From what I can figure out, the 2 buttons holds:

IC2
    Austrian WW1 Commemorative Medal
    The 1914/1918 EhrenKreuz
    Unkown 1
    Unkown 2

The Ribbon bar
    The middle Ribbon, a Gallipoli Star?

Medal bar, was somebody funny or is there a good explernation why there is a noncombat Ehrenkreuz?

The second ribbon directly below the EK2 ribbon in both lapel bows is that of the Hamburger Hanseatenkreuz (see pg. 1 of this thread).

To me, the bottom ribbon in the first lapel bow looks like a badly faded example of the Hungarian WW1 commemorative medal on which the green stripes aren't really visible anymore. (How does the ribbon appear if you look at a lesser faded area, for example on the reverse side or by slightly lifting the ribbon above it?).
    Not sure about the bottom ribbon in the first lapel bow.

I agree that the third ribbon in the ribbon bar is the Turkish War Medal [Harp Madalyası] or, colloquially, the "Gallipoli Star".

If the Kriegsteilnehmer cross is seen together with an Iron Cross, the latter is usually on the white-and-black "non-combatant" ribbon. However, the combination with an Iron Cross on the normal black-and-white ribbon did occur.
    Have a look at an explanation by the late Rick Lundström over on the WAF:

Rarest Form of 1914 EK2 on a Wehrmacht Medal Bar - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

By the way, you shouldn't use external photo hosting.

HPL2008 - Thank you for the reply - this seems to be a odd service range, the various colours were driving me crazy to say the least. - I have attached some rear and side shots, hopefully it can help.

I have seen that often the Gallipoli star had a halfmoon or a miniature of the acutal reward on the Ribbon, but the seller didn't find any such thing, antique dealer, lot came in a box from other random stuff.

Thanks
    Kloster

The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz
    The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz
    The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz
    The 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have moved your, and relevant posts, and started a new thread for your items.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-20-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello rbminis - thanks for the notification, i think I had made a additional posting to this topic, but recon i forgot to push submit

I thought I had posted it in the correct topic as there where show and tells of other 1914/1918 Ehrenkreuz. but am glad I was abel to show em and get some info about them.

I do appoligize that I was using a offsite image hosting program for my initial posting, I couldn't find the edit button after I found out tho, my 2nd posting was made using your attachment program.

Best regards
    Kloster

Quote by Kloster View Post
    I do appoligize that I was using a offsite image hosting program for my initial posting, I couldn't find the edit button after I found out tho, my 2nd posting was made using your attachment program.

Best regards
    Kloster
    No problem,
    When I get home I will take care of this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)