Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?

Article about: Folks, It always good to get the opinions of fellow collectors, especially when you haven't been around in many years. I picked these up at an Allentown show around 1975. Real? Comments welc

Quote by rbminis View Post
    After doing a little more research, I found this statement was incorrect. They did manufacture EK I spange but, were marked L/56 and none of them were similar to this one in any way.
    Ralph.
    I've read that Funke & Brunninghaus (LDO L/56) were known for using spanges from other Ludenscheid makers (Berge & Nolte being an example), so maybe they didn't manufacture them but bought them in?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    After doing a little more research, I found this statement was incorrect. They did manufacture EK I spange but, were marked L/56 and none of them were similar to this one in any way.
    Ralph.
    My bad, had a blonde moment there Ned.
    L/56 was F&B L not B&N L
    Sorry for any confusion. I'll stick with my original comment, as far as I know, B&N L did not make any spange that I am aware of.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That was also my original comment Ralph, I thought you'd missed it, or worse....ignored it!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I plead the 5th and stick with post #6.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2