Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1940 Reichsparteitag Plakette

Article about: Here is one you don't see everyday- a prototype medallion for the Party Day that Never Came. Well, of them- 1940 Reichsparteitag. Designed by Prof.Richard Klein, somewhat in tune with the re

Default 1940 Reichsparteitag Plakette

Here is one you don't see everyday- a prototype medallion for the Party Day that Never Came. Well, of them- 1940 Reichsparteitag.
    Designed by Prof.Richard Klein, somewhat in tune with the rest of his Reichsparteitag works.
    Rather uncommon piece. Similar in size to his previous works, heavy bronze (or at least bronze layered) construction.

cheers

MattAttachment 608721Attachment 608722Attachment 608723Attachment 608724
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1940 Reichsparteitag Plakette
    P
    Many

?

A very nice catch Matthew - nice addition to any collection.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Dear Matt

A spectacular "table medal" in relation to of course the event that never was. Personally I would think that it is a madly rare item rather than your slightly tongue in cheek appraisal of "...rather uncommon"...

I have on file an image of the same piece by design only, although unfortunately, an obverse image only. Attached is a photo merge and I think that the one I am submitting is die stamped by looking at the edge damage. So either an original wearable type with pin or a fake, cast from one similar to yours.

By the way, I do not have a clue where my image came from and if the owner recognises it and takes objection, just let me know and I will ask one of the moderators to delete it.

Regards,

David

Thank You Gents for your kind words.
    The other one as posted by David is in fact a cast version of the one I own. Its measurements are slightly off towards the smaller end (just south of 58 mm vs. well over 60 mm on die stamped piece) making it an impossibility of coming from the same die/mold as the originals. Materials used as well as the weight is different too.
    There are also certain details that are not part of the original model but are more of mechanical damages that seem to transfer to all of the cast pieces.
    While it is possible that the cast pieces were made during the period, presence of die struck ones would make me uneasy about owning the cast variety.
    David- your presence and guidance are sorely missed and I hope you can reconsider in the future.

Thanks again,

Matt
    Last edited by matthew; 12-11-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector