Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1944 lorient badge

Article about: i picket this badge up from a bricabrac store i was just woundering what this is, and is it a fake it dosent look well made to me there was two there but i got this one i dont no a thing abo

Default 1944 lorient badge

i picket this badge up from a bricabrac store i was just woundering what this is, and is it a fake it dosent look well made to me there was two there but i got this one i dont no a thing about german awards thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 lorient badge   1944 lorient badge  

Last edited by Adrian; 11-06-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Photos rotated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1944 lorient badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1944 lorient badge

Gday Geelong,
    I believe the Lorient Shield is quite a rare piece.Awarded around Xmas 1944 the quality of these pieces varied greatly as they were manufactured in the city it's self from what was available at the time,some were even issued made from paper.
    The metal ones i've seen (images only) have a different pin arrangement (three pins,two top one bottom) and the quality varies.
    Have a look at this link as it may help.
    http://ordersmedalsbadges.narod.ru/O...II/index2.html
    I kind of doubt two originals would be in the same Australian store,but I could be wrong.
    Cheers
    Dave

?

Have a look here for some further reading on these shields......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

the other one was a 1940 badge with a flower and a anchor and and plane prop with the words narvik and the eagle above it

ok will do thanks for the help

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    the outher one was a 1940 badge with a flower and a anchor and and plane prop with the words narvik and the eagle above it
    That would be a Narvik Schild, better chance to authenticate that one as they're either original or fake. With the Lorient Schild it's more difficult as they were never officially awarded and if they were made would've been thrown together from whatever materials were to hand as mentioned in the thread I linked to.

That said, I don't believe the shield above is original due to the fact it looks like it's been cast and not very well cast either.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

this is the shield i dident buy but got a photo with my phone
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 lorient badge   1944 lorient badge  

Last edited by Adrian; 11-06-2012 at 05:51 PM.

yea i think they might be fakes the narvic shield has the same back as the lorient sheld with a pin up top and a pin down bottom

That would have been 75 dollars of additional pain!!!!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

yea lucky im in tassie at moment and stoped at a shop on our way to where we were going and found these shields but he had a lot of books i got one on panzer colors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast