Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.

Article about: Stuart, yes indeed, I was speaking to him the other day ! the Destroyer badge is indeed early mid production, the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen I would say is the same era, I believe that the ea

Default 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.

Gentlemen, apologies for posting here, but I find the Kreigsmarine War badges to be the most beautiful of all Third Reich badges....but as I initially collect Imperial German, I just admired them in other peoples collections, however since diversifying into the Bundeswehr and the 1957 regulation awards, I have suddenly found myself purchasing a few, I think they justify a wider audience, as the Bundeswehr sub section is I suspect is rarely visited......and I think many would miss out on veiwing these rather nice officially sanctioned post war badges, I hope you enjoy them as much I have....First up, the Submarine War badge (U-Boot Kreigsabzeichen) followed by a Blockade Runners badge (Abzeichen fur Blockadbrecher) both these badges are mid production, mid to late 1960's....more to follow.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.   1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.  

1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.   1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.

As promised a couple more....High seas fleet badge (Flotten-Kreigsabzeichen) mid 1960's production and a Minesweeper badge (Kreigsabzeichen fur Minensuch) this badge is the earliest of the four being constructed from left over wartime parts, (hinge block,pin and clasp) in the 57-58 period.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.   1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.  

Very nice examples! I really like the Minesweeper.

Rob.

?

Even without the eagle and swastika they are some of the best looking badges from that period and i can see what the attraction is in collecting them

these are brilliant badges steve good additions to a growing collection

tom

Superb early examples and I totally agree with you, the Kreigsmarine badges are indeed very beautiful. I have recently begun collecting them myself and now have 4 nice 57 Badges, A high fleets seas badge, auxilliary cruiser, destroyer badge and an early produced Infantry assault badge. Well done and I hope to find similiar early pieces myself.

Best regards,

Stuart

Stuart, please show here or on this thread, Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards. or simply start a thread, thanks for everybodys comments,
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Steve, great pieces, thanks for posting. That Minewsweeper is an absolute beauty, very nice and early quality.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I will post photos Asap, if my camera is up to the job. Hopefully I have just secured a nice Coastal Artillery badge also.

Cheers

Hi Gentlemen, here is a link to my modest beginners collection thus far (apologies that my photos are not of the same high standard on this thread) the final comparison shot of my 57 Destroyer badge with a wartime D-Nazified minesweeper is to demonstrate the over all quality and similarities of the earlier produced 1957 awards with wartime quality. Enjoy! oh and comments very welcome indeed.

Regards, Stuart. Apologies as link is not working, having issues posting my pics.http://<div style="width:480px;text-..." /></a></div>

1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.  
    Last edited by tigerace007; 09-03-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: issue with my post

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast