Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.

Article about: Stuart, yes indeed, I was speaking to him the other day ! the Destroyer badge is indeed early mid production, the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen I would say is the same era, I believe that the ea

Default Re: 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.

Stuart, yes indeed, I was speaking to him the other day ! the Destroyer badge is indeed early mid production, the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen I would say is the same era, I believe that the earliest made badges had left over parts from WW2 incoperated into them, like the pin and hinge assembly on my minesweeper badge, however the hingeblock will determine its age, have a look, is it solid or open ? Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.
    P
    Many

Hey guys,

Here's my '57 Aux. Fleet badge.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges.  1957 Kreigsmarine War badges. 

Obkreiger, nice one, mid 1960's production, this badge is on my "want list", thanks for showing....
    Prost ! Steve.

[QUOTE][/QUOTWW2 incoperated into them, like the pin and hinge assembly on my minesweeper badge, however the hingeblock will determine its age, have a look, is it solid or open ? Prost ! Steve. E]

Hi, yes my IAB is the solid closed hinge type. Thanks.

Stuart

Quote by tigerace007
    Hi, yes my Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is the solid closed hinge type. Thanks. Stuart
    Then it is made before 1968, when I believe the open hinge block was incorperated into the badges..... a simple fold over block. With having the thin pin, it will be earlyish production.......early 1960's as mine is......see here attached photograph..... Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1957 Kreigsmarine War badges. 

Thanks for sharing Steve. I really love these 57ers, the early quality badges are of stunning quality and I feel an upcoming area of our collecting hobbies. Am I correct to say that they are far harder to find than there wartime counterparts as they were not produced in the huge numbers that the more common wartime awards were. As a bonus, they are still at mostly affordable prices unless your looking for the high end awards such as 1st type RK's and DKiG.

I will post my latest offerings when I take possesion of them, be good to keep this thread going.

Best, Stuart

Hi Steve,

Some very nice Kriegmarine badges you have there and I can surely appricate that you have a soft spot for KM badge.

Apart from collecting ROAG and AG Luftwaffe badges, I also really like the 57er versions.

I collect all 57er awards, and here are my KM.

KR

Karsten

Karsten, great collection, thanks for contributing to this thread, you are most welcome ! here is the thread in the Bundeswehr (my other passion) sub section, have look here at members 57ers ! Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards. I have another five awards to pick up at the end of the week...I will post when I get them.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quality badges Karsten, many look early too. I would be interested to see some closer pics of the Minesweepers if at all possible please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Guys,

You are quite right. They are all very early pieces 1957-1960, except for the Uboot-spange which is from around 1960-70.

Here are the two Minesweeper badges

KR

Karsten

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast