Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?

Article about: I´m looking for one to add to my collection and found two that look genuine to me. Your opinions would be of great assistance. DKiG option 1 (the first/topmost 3 photos) and DKiG option 2 (t

Default 2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?

I´m looking for one to add to my collection and found two that look genuine to me. Your opinions would be of great assistance.

DKiG option 1 (the first/topmost 3 photos) and DKiG option 2 (the rest of the photos) :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?   2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?  

2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?   2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?  

2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?   2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 x Deutsches Kreuz im Gold (light Zimmermann), are these good?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I will admit my knowledge of these awards is limited so best wait for more replies.

The first one appears to be a good Zimmerman "Lite". I think I can see the die flaw on the wreath and reverse hardware and rivets seem correct.

I'll pass on the second one as the obverse photos are a bit blurry for my untrained eye.

Check out my Zimmerman Lite for comparison.

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for sharing your DKiG for comparison, very lovely piece!

By die flaw, do you mean that weird cut in one of the rays on the upper left portion of the sunburst?

?

They are both good.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Delmenhorst View Post
    Thank you for sharing your DKiG for comparison, very lovely piece!

By die flaw, do you mean that weird cut in one of the rays on the upper left portion of the sunburst?

Thank you. The condition of mine appear similar to the first in you posted

Yes. Compare your flaw to the one I have circled in the link I attached.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you CURT P and MAP.

The first sample was just sold on Hermann Historica for 1500e + 25% commission fees.

My highest bid was 1450e, and decided to let it go. Not worth shelling out over 2000e (incl. commission) for this version, especially without any personal history to it, IMHO.

I might opt for the second one.

MAP
    ?

Don't know the going rate on these Lites these days as I got mine 2 years ago. But I spent less than €2k in mine.

Please read this,
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    and then start a separate thread for each of them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)