Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

50+ medals - some authentic, some reproductions - advice?

Article about: found my original account details :> a few years ago, this forum helped me identify an inherited collection. I am now selling the medals potentially if market is good. every medal i pictu

Default 50+ medals - some authentic, some reproductions - advice?

found my original account details :>

a few years ago, this forum helped me identify an inherited collection. I am now selling the medals potentially if market is good.

every medal i pictured and posted about is still in my possession (all statues except a few i kept for keepsakes are sold.

will definitely make another donation after i get thru selling some as u guys helped me alot to sort thru this confusing subject area.

Hoping for some advice as I am definitely not looking to just dump the medals for low prices (i was really flexible with statues because i didnt have the room for them>

1. How is market right now?
    2. If book value is $2000 - what do u guys think i would hope for? Do I hold out for book value?
    3. anybody have advice on how u sell something like this online? Whats stopping somebody from just claiming i sent a fake and getting a paypal refund?

Heres a collage of the first batch i pulled out. And i have a better camera now so any future pics will be detailed lol :>

50+ medals - some authentic, some reproductions - advice?50+ medals - some authentic, some reproductions - advice?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 50+ medals - some authentic, some reproductions - advice?
    P
    Many

Hello buddy...... its nice to know that after a while you have become a full member. ....... oh sorry no I'm wrong.... but anyway this forum is a collectors forum and we do not give values. However I will day that something is worth what someone wants to pay. Look around the net. There are plenty of guide prices to go by....... harsh? I don't think so 😅

This ain't going to go down too well here mate. They like each award to be posted individually. The thread will end up being closed. Sorry. Stewy

also the pics are no good.

50+ medals - some authentic, some reproductions - advice?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Throw the repros in the nearest dumpster

I will agree with all that you have been told.
    The photos are poor, many of the items you posted previously are fake, (although some were very nice items as well), and as John said, we do not give evaluations.
    We are more than willing to help you find out which items are real and what they are. From there, you should be able to find similar items on various dealer's sites. I would suggest about 20-30% less than dealer's prices will get you reasonable results.
    And yes, this thread will be closed.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)