Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini

Article about: Once again, how does this badge rate folks. Thanks Folks...Frank Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini

Once again, how does this badge rate folks. Thanks Folks...Frank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini   Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini  

Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini   Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini  

Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini  
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-01-2015 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini
    P
    Many

Here is a good discussion on this award.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...recher-456690/
    And another.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...recher-444316/
    It will help to learn about the awards that you are thinking of purchasing.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks like a good zinc flatback from Schwerin, don't know about the pin's maker but that's good for me as well.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank you Ned, in terms of scarcity/collectability, how would this set be considered. I have the case that both these came in but I am unable to locate it at this time.

These are by no means scarce, but you need to find the case as this will add significantly to the value assuming it's a genuine one as they are faked. The Blockade Breaker is the only Kriegsmarine award that comes in a case if I remember correctly.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Nice original badge.

I'm inclined to think that it is a tombak award Ned.
    I do not recall seeing a Schwerin BB zinc award with that laid down block hinge,commonly seen on many tombak Schwerin's.
    I think an excess of solder around the catch is giving the impression of a zinc type catchplate ?

Regards,Martin.

Quote by martinw View Post
    Nice original badge.

I'm inclined to think that it is a tombak award Ned.
    I do not recall seeing a Schwerin BB zinc award with that laid down block hinge,commonly seen on many tombak Schwerin's.
    I think an excess of solder around the catch is giving the impression of a zinc type catchplate ?

Regards,Martin.
    I see what you mean Martin and defer to your knowledge on these. I managed to mix up the size of the font as well that should have helped get it right, and the lack of bubbling finish often seen on zincers. On the plus side though, I feel after looking around further that the lapel pin is correct for this maker, and looking closely at it one can see that it's also tombak. Here's a couple of pic's I've shamelessly pinched off the net that show an unmarked Schwerin lapel pin, it's clearly the same which also must help the completeness of the set for the better.

Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & MiniAbzeichen Für Blockadebrecher & Mini

Regards, Ned.

Good observations Ned and i like the mini too.

Regards,Martin.

Hi, nice looking Schwerin awards, find that case as it will increase the value as Ned says. Leon.

2 nice badges great design.