Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?

Article about: Can someone help me about this blockade runner, is it original or fake?

Default Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?

Can someone help me about this blockade runner, is it original or fake?Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?
    P
    Many

Please forgive me because i am not introduce myself, i have been in a hurry when posting this. I am new here on this forum and this blockade runner is puzzler to me. It doesn't match with any other original known to me. I really need some help about this.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately, your photos are too small for me to determine if this original or not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, i will try to get better pictures from dealer.

This is the best pics i can get.

Hello Franjo,
    the only blockade breaker badge like yours is now attributed to Alois Rettenmaier.

I haven't got any of these in my collection to compare it to but it looks like an original piece to me.

Cheers
    Doug

?

Hi Guys,

This same obverse design was used by Rettenmaier, Souval, Foerster & Barth and B.H. Mayer -- all sister dies from the same master -- but the reverse and reverse hardware likely rule out Souval and Mayer.

Like Doug says, it's compatible with the Rettenmaier-attributed "flat-backs" but this is the first one I've seen with the "question-mark"-shaped round-wire catch -- usually it's a round-wire catch on an rounded rectangular base plate (see attached image).

Another possibility is an unmarked F&B-attributed piece, analogous to the unmarked semi-scoopbacked Auxiliary Cruiser badges with the same hinge and main pin (see attached). Again, that "question-mark"-shaped catch sets it apart from any known makers of the Blockade Breaker with that obverse design.

All that is to say, could be Rettenmaier, could be F&B, but we don't know.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?   Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?  

Thanks guys for answers. That catch is bugging me, and because of that i can't figure it out and find what is maker of this badge, but if i understand correctly your answers this is original piece. Because that is what matters the most at the end. Best regards, Franko.

That really is an unusual hook mounting for a zinc piece.
    I echo what Norm mentions about the rectangular base plate but here is one that is attributed to Rettenmaier but with a round base plate.

To me it is just an example of use what is there when producing awards towards the end of the war.

File Pictures:

Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher: original or fake?

Doug