Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Adolf Scholze-AS PAB - HELP NEEDED

Article about: I am no expert on these things but have collected a few in my time. Firstly I agree with Stewy and I dont like the look of the badge ie the eagles head and the grass does not appear correct.

?

Default Adolf Scholze-AS PAB - HELP NEEDED

Hello guys,

I just recently bought the group that was for sale in the classifieds. I got the document and the PAB without the photos.

Well, I had the PAB checked on WAF. Unfortunately some of the well known PAB collectors over there gave it the Thumbs Down .
    The seller said it had already been checked here, but I would like some more opinions.

-Points raised were that it looked to be a lead based material rather than Zinc.
    - too thick, even for an AS PAB
    - the "S" on the maker mark was not correct

I would like to see if you guys can have a second look at this. I also would like to have the document assessed, as I have questions about it..... but I will do the PAB first. Its been a real bummer, because I liked this group
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED   Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED  

Attached Images Attached Images Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED  Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Adolf Scholze-AS PAB - HELP NEEDED

rev
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED   Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED  

Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED  

?

thickness compared to my BH Mayer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED  

?

I personally think this is a very good fake and would probly fool a decent amount of people who dont have another AS Panzerkampf Abzeichen in there collections.
    I agree that the metal does not seem to be zinc after close inspection compared to other zinc badges in my collection

For me eagles head,the pin & the rock & grass look wrong. Stewy

?

Okay, now that I have posted the Panzerkampf Abzeichen....here is the document.

It passes the UV test, and seemed to be perfectly fine to me. Signed by Klaus Von Heimendahl.

here are the pics of the document I have in hand:

?

Heres where it gets interesting. I found another of the same exact documents currently for sale. Same date, Same regiment and kompanie..... same Heimendahl sig. AND being sold with an AS Panzerkampf Abzeichen!!!!

see here: Award Grouping - Panzer-Regiment 29
    and here: Panzer Assault Badge and Urkunde

Pics so thread wont be bad in future. :

It could just be a coincidence, as PABs were awarded in groups on the same day in Kompanies.....but its just weird to see another for sale at the same time.
    Also, DasReich. webiste was previously selling this document and Panzerkampf Abzeichen without the grouping as shown above in the links

?

thank you Stewy. I appreciate your opinions/expertise

The good thing is that the seller was quick to respond and offer a refund if I desired. I appreciated that

Odd indeed. One thing that stikes me is all of the issued are hole punched. Was this done at admin level? Seems strange that they're all about at the same time. Stewy

?

Yeah, they are both the same exact date. This would be normal I guess if a Panzerkampf Abzeichen award ceremony took place on this day and a bunch of people in this kompanie were awarded these AS badges???
    I dont see a problem with the document per say, but I was just curious as to what others had to say about this. You are right it is weird that they are both hole-punched too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast