Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Adolf Scholze-AS PAB - HELP NEEDED

Article about: I am no expert on these things but have collected a few in my time. Firstly I agree with Stewy and I dont like the look of the badge ie the eagles head and the grass does not appear correct.

Default Re: Adolf Scholze-AS PAB - HELP NEEDED

I am no expert on these things but have collected a few in my time. Firstly I agree with Stewy and I dont like the look of the badge ie the eagles head and the grass does not appear correct. You yourself I feel have answered your own question really as far as the badge is concerned and by that I mean, you have doubts. One thing I have learned in this hobby is that your gut feeling is generally correct. When you have it in your hand I strongly feel you know if its good or bad.
    As for the award document.....it certainly looks ok but I would have some doubts after seeing the same document from the same unit with a badge for sale elsewhere. From experience silver PAB documents are not common.....certainly not rare but nowhere near as common as bronze versions. Have you tried checking the units history and seeing if the signature matches the commander and indeed is a legit signature. I dont doubt someone on this site or elsewhere would have a document from that unit with that signature on it so you could compare.
    In summary...I dont like the badge and have concerns over the document. Not much help I guess.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED
    P
    Many

More differences compared to mine
    About the doc: the signatures appear to be exactly the same. When i sign something i can never make the same signature. IMO signatures on the docs are printed or stamped coz they look identical.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Another oddity is that both are altered bronze docs. Same day. One has bronze crossed out,the other doesn't. More than one type writer is most likely. But you'd have thought they'd "all be singing off the same page". Stewy

Sig's look very different to me. Definately not a facsimile. Stewy

Also I just noticed on the document that the original typing of the word Silver has been overtyped with the word Silber. What German would type Silver I have to ask myself but then again on keyboard the b is next to the v. Also I noted the date 1.10.1942....the 0 is typed with the letter o. I would think if this is a fake then they would have used a number 0 and not the letter o. Does the other document you have seen have exactly the same?

I agree with you Stewy that the signature is not a stamp by the way the ink has smeared on the letters.

?

The doc I have says silBer, as it should. Yes, I figured out that the signature is that of Oberst Klaus Von Heinendahl when I recieved the doc. He was indeed commander at this time, and everything checks out in that perspective. But yes, the badge is not a good one....but certainly a very good fake in my opinion.
    The signature is indeed written in marker....and I have found only one other signature of Heinendahl to compare it to

here: HEIMENDAHL : AUTOGRAPHEN 1933-1945 HEER (5) : Autographen - André Hüsken Militaria
    Attached Images Attached Images Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED 

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Another oddity is that both are altered bronze docs. Same day. One has bronze crossed out,the other doesn't. More than one type writer is most likely. But you'd have thought they'd "all be singing off the same page". Stewy
    well, like I said....the only way to put some reason to it, is to say that these were field issued and they were out of silver docs at the time. Which is common. It is possible that they were awarded the same day, and the doc really does look good.....but I am not comfortable with it in my collection after seeing the other one for sale too. I wonder if the badge on the site is fake too?
    The seller/member has been perfectly reasonable and is issuing a refund upon me returning his items

?

With reference to the badge, im thinking a cast fake, apart from the other comment already mentioned the tank treads look like dumbells, something that is supposed to raise a red flag, the documents shown are the same signature but not exactly the same, there is slightly different spacing between letters and the curves in some are close but noones signatures match exactly, plus the ink bleeding on the first document looks correct, but does anyone have an authentic copy of the real signature

Bill, I can't say anything about the document.
    When I saw your post on WAF, I didn't really like the badge, but could not say for sure that it was not good, so I didn't say anything. I figured there were enough "experts" there to tell you anyways. I have posted my bronze example of the "AS in triangle" for reference, not Adolf Scholze.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED   Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED  

Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED   Adolf Scholze-AS PAB -  HELP NEEDED  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast