Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Campaign medal

Article about: Please can you give this a once over. Its been in my collection for years! Thanks Nick

Default Afrika Campaign medal

Please can you give this a once over. Its been in my collection for years!

Thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Campaign medal   Afrika Campaign medal  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Campaign medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Afrika Campaign medal

Looks good to me Nick.

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

great patina and wear on the high spots , super medal
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Nice,fine example Nick. Stewy S

Thanks Al/Stewy

Hello, I just joined tonight so this is my first post.
    I have two of these medals and yours looks like both of mine to the finest details.
    The one medal came to me from the widow of Theodore Becker. Theodore was an Oberleutnant with the 69th Panzergrenadier Regiment of the 10th Panzer Division ( Tunisia ).
    I also have his officer shoulder boards, collar tabs , breast eagle and Iron Cross 1st class.
    Theodore was wounded twice and returned to Europe so I have a photo of him wearing his AFRIKA cuff title.
    I give you all this info. so you know the medal I am comparing yours with is an original.
    From your scans I was unable to see the printing under the crocodile but both of mine have the following in VERY SMALL raised letters ..DE MAROHiS.
    One last observation.. your ribbon is on correctly, that is the colors on the obverse (side with the Arco dei Fileni ) go left to right in this order...black,white ,red, white, green. Often you will see these colors reversed indicating the ribbon was removed and returned improperly.
    Enjoy your medal.
    Rich

Dienstelle is a friend of mine who I invited to join this group. He owns a beautiful collection of uniforms, hats and badges. Hopefully he will share some pictures sometime. Welcome Rich!

Quote by dienstelle View Post
    Hello, I just joined tonight so this is my first post.
    I have two of these medals and yours looks like both of mine to the finest details.
    The one medal came to me from the widow of Theodore Becker. Theodore was an Oberleutnant with the 69th Panzergrenadier Regiment of the 10th Panzer Division ( Tunisia ).
    I also have his officer shoulder boards, collar tabs , breast eagle and Iron Cross 1st class.
    Theodore was wounded twice and returned to Europe so I have a photo of him wearing his AFRIKA cuff title.
    I give you all this info. so you know the medal I am comparing yours with is an original.
    From your scans I was unable to see the printing under the crocodile but both of mine have the following in VERY SMALL raised letters ..DE MAROHiS.
    One last observation.. your ribbon is on correctly, that is the colors on the obverse (side with the Arco dei Fileni ) go left to right in this order...black,white ,red, white, green. Often you will see these colors reversed indicating the ribbon was removed and returned improperly.
    Enjoy your medal.
    Rich
    Welcome to the forum Rich

Thanks for your comments and your very interesting information.

We cant wait to see some of your collection !!

Cheers

Nick