Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Android appi ww2 german medals :)

Article about: In the winter i could not digg so i was working on an useful collectors guide of ww2 German medals. Its not finished yet but will appreciate any suggestions https://play.google.com/store/app

?

Default Re: Android appi ww2 german medals :)

Looks top dollar I will download that when I get home to the UK thank you for putting that together very clever....Cheers Terry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Android appi ww2 german medals :)
    P
    Many

IOS ?

Morris

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Unless you are a dinosaur like me and only have a phone that makes phone calls!
    A phone that you use to make phone calls?

What is that exactly?

Joking aside I'm quite daunted by all of these apps and the stuff that comes on modern 'phones'. I have no idea what you use 75% of the stuff on them for and wonder who actually uses it all.

I can navigate around the galaxy on mine but I'm stuffed when it comes to using it for it's intended purpose and when you talk to the people about the device, you actually need to learn a different language because I have no idea what they're on about.

Still, at least I can use it to browse the forum, look at dealer sites and it wakes me up for work.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello! Thanks for responses

I allready prepared for some medals with all the known manufacturer photos, it will be uploaded in few days.

Application doesnt need internet access to work, that is from my expirance from the fairs where i dint have internet access.

I have also prepared verison for IOS, but is not finished.

And give me some 5 stars responeses on playstore

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If you can access the forum via smartphone/iPad etc you almost have that already. To get an example of everything would be a massive undertaking! And an example of every different fake too? A lifetime of work unfortunately.

With today's readily accessible access to the internet and collectors around the world, I am surprised we don't see more collectors at militaria fairs/shows requesting more 'live' help. I know it's not always practical and the collectors who might be able to help may not be around but it can be done.

Say a collector goes to a show, sees something he/she likes but isn't 100% sure, he/she could ask the seller to hold it for an hour or two, take a few photos, upload them to the forum via smartphone etc and get real time opinions from the members who are here at the time. Obviously it won't work every time but it is possible.

For a fee of course ... BUT what about potential legal liability if the purchaser buys something based on forum feedback which later proves to be falsely described...? who sues whom?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    For a fee of course ... BUT what about potential legal liability if the purchaser buys something based on forum feedback which later proves to be falsely described...? who sues whom?
    Is that possible? I suppose one can't assume too much in these days of million-dollar McDonalds hot coffee lawsuits. Perhaps we should have a disclaimer on our homepage that explains that we take no responsibility for the financial decisions of others...

?

That could apply any where on the forum surely? If a member posts something for opinions and another member calls it good, the piece gets bought and it turns out to be fake, are our members going to start suing each other?

It makes no difference if a member posts something they see at a fair for example of another member posts something from a dealer or auction site?

If that's the case, the forum might as well cease to exist because a lot of our traffic is based upon authenticating pieces for others.

I guess it might depend on whether a fee was charged for the advice and if that constitutes a commercial contract etc. After all if you hire a surveyor for professional advice and the advice proves wrong you can sue for damages so the same principle might apply.

So no fee just free advice

But wouldn't that just open the door to the forum becoming even more of a free "what is it and what's it worth" valuation service...which many members feel already reaches almost unacceptable levels at times?

The app looks neat concept though! Well done JeZoCoH and look forward to a Polish awards version one day

How do you protect your intellectual property rights in the app you have created if it is a unique concept?

?

I guess it might depend on whether a fee was charged for the advice and if that constitutes a commercial contract etc. After all if you hire a surveyor for professional advice and the advice proves wrong you can sue for damages so the same principle might apply.

So no fee just free advice

But wouldn't that just open the door to the forum becoming just a free "what is it and what's it worth" valuation service...which many members feel already reaches almost unacceptable levels at times?

The app looks neat concept though! Well done JeZoCoH and look forward to a Polish awards version one day

How do you protect your intellectual property rights in the app you have created if it is a unique concept?
    I wasn't talking about it being fee based, just regular use of the forum but from a militaria show as opposed to the living room or study. Instead of finding a piece from a dealer site and uploading it for opinions, I was talking about finding a piece at a fair and uploading it for opinions, no difference in concept, just a different environment to use the forum as Dave (Sandgroper) said he had done.

Maybe such a "service" should only be available for paid up members otherwise membership for the purpose of authentication/buying advice only could rapidly increase as the forum becomes known for "live" militaria fair buying advice rather than as a discussion forum? But I agree sometimes it would be handy to receive advice whilst trawling the auction rooms and fairs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast