Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anschluss Medaille

Article about: Hi everyone, this medal has confused me a bit. It has a box but a few things that I'm wondering: it's gone quite black in places, is that normal wear for this medal? Also, there is a goldy/b

Default Anschluss Medaille

Hi everyone, this medal has confused me a bit. It has a box but a few things that I'm wondering: it's gone quite black in places, is that normal wear for this medal? Also, there is a goldy/bronzey colour coming through on the chest of the eagle in one small area, is that what is under the silver and normal? In addition, two arms of the Swastika seem to be different sizes, can this happen? Any other comments would be appreciated also!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anschluss Medaille   Anschluss Medaille  

Anschluss Medaille   Anschluss Medaille  

Anschluss Medaille  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anschluss Medaille
    P
    Many

Default Re: Anschluss Medaille

Have you bought this as an origninal ??? Do you have others??

Yeah this was advertised as original, I've got it, just wondering whether to keep it or send it back!

Hi

I have never owned one of these so I dont really have anything to compare it to, on first impression the detailing doesn't look to great to me especially the eagle, thats just my first impression opinion though, I would wait for more opinions ok !

Cheers
    M

Its an original set, no concerns

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

These medals were made of a tombac/bronze alloy(hence the 'gold' under the plating). This is then silver or silver alloy plated(so called German silver), and that causes the dark oxidation, or tarnish that you mention. Nice award.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

its fine.