Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....

Article about: Thank you everyone!! I love adding new pieces to me Case.

?

Default Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....

I purchased this because I thought it was so unique... I'm not a bowling fan .. I liked the fact it was pre-war and the fact that it had the USA and a Swastika on the same medal... I also like the ribbon.. if anyone has any input please share...

Thank you!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....   Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....  

Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....   Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....  

Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....   Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....  

Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Any info on this German--USA Medal/award would be appreciated....

I Like it! I wonder how proudly the winner displayed it a few years Later! Probably why it's in such nice condition! lol Great item! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Unusual piece. My first time seeing one.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It is interesting, how often do you see an item with the Swas AND the US flag on it?
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    It is interesting, how often do you see an item with the Swas AND the US flag on it?
    That's why I had to have it..

Actually, there were many German-American organizations in the US before the war. Many many German immigrants came over before the war. The swastika's pretty much vanished from the scene a few years later, though...for some odd reason! William
    William

Well, what do I know, I´m still "new"

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Actually, there were many German-American organizations in the US before the war. Many many German immigrants came over before the war. The swastika's pretty much vanished from the scene a few years later, though...for some odd reason! William
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Well, for being "new", you've got some Nice stuff in your collection. Everyone should be so "new". lol
    And, I would have picked up this bowling badge too! How many can be around today? Very cool item! Nice Find! William
    William

Very interesting item and certainly something I would add to my collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I would not defame the vast majority of German Americans by directly connecting them to the pre WW2 German American Bunde organisation but this group was very active prior to the war and in similar fashion to the parent German Nazi party was very fond of the regalia and decorations that formed a large part of the propaganda promotion of the group-there is the infamous footage of a mass indoor rally of the Bunde in New York just prior to the outbreak of WW2 complete with goose stepping jack boots, brown shirts and huge swastika banners-useful to remember there was a time in US history when Nazism was a very public thing.

PS- Germans had been a major ethnic group in the US since the foundation of the Republic-the Continental Congress only narrowly voted to have English as the national language ahead of German-history could well have been very different...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast