Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone know what this badge is

Article about: Hi everyone,i've been offered this badge and to be honest i've not come across one before.Basically what is it and what would be a fair price to offer for it (if original).Only been a member

Default Anyone know what this badge is

Hi everyone,i've been offered this badge and to be honest i've not come across one before.Basically what is it and what would be a fair price to offer for it (if original).Only been a member for a week but a great forum...........Cheers Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone know what this badge is   Anyone know what this badge is  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone know what this badge is
    P
    Many

Default Re: Anyone know what this badge is

Hi Rob

This is the first one I've ever seen in six years of collecting so I can't really comment on it. I hope the others will be able to help you out...

Greetz

Nick VR

Not one i'm familiar with either,sorry. Stewy S

?

Hello to everyone, as this is my first post on this forum :-)
    I have serious doubts about this badge: first, is this kind of badge known at all? What is Heeres-Abnahme? The transaltions for Abnahme don't give me any sense:

abnahme (translation)
    Deutsches Wrterbuch von Jacob und Wilhelm Grimm

As for the badge, the obverse looks like kripo/gestapo etc ID discs, but the reverse looks like tinnie ?? The obverse is also unsimetrical (see the space between wing tips and border), what should not happen on original pieces. I would surely pass on this one, but has anybody more information?

Regards, Valter

Thumbs up Re: Anyone know what this badge is

Hi Valter

Welcome to the forum, thank you for a most contributing first post. It's definitely something to think about. Mayhap a fantasy badge, could the other members tell if they ever seen one of these before?

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi Guy's,

The badge is an original example that would have been worn by a member of the Heeres-Abnahme (Acceptance section of army ordnance office.) A subsidiary of the Heereswaffenampt (German army weapons agency.)

This badge was likely worn by a technical inspector.There were 25,000 of these in 1940, all with the minimum rank of Oberleutnant, later in the war upgraded to Hauptmann. They were responsible for the testing and acceptance of ALL weapons, equipment and ammunition prior to delivery to the Wehrmacht. Thats what all those stamps on German equipment are about!!

By mid-1944, approximately 8,000 of these officers were transfered to front line units to fight as the reich began it's final collapse and the weapons industry was increasingly curtailed by allied bombing.

A most unusual badge, and a pleasure to see, thank's for sharing!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi,thanks for all responses on the badge and the information, i thought it was a fantasy badge at first only because i had never seen on, but when you do handle things at first hand,it had that feel of an original piece if you know what i mean.Cheers Big Ned for the info,just got to sort out a price and make an offer to the guy..........Thanks Rob

Hi rob,
    welcome to the forum and very nice badge the first one iv seen as well. I look forward to the outcome, please let us know if you buy it.
    dave

pjm
    ?

I've seen a couple of these along the way. Recently, one priced at E 120,-

Quote by panzer1 View Post
    Hi everyone,i've been offered this badge and to be honest i've not come across one before.Basically what is it and what would be a fair price to offer for it (if original).Only been a member for a week but a great forum...........Cheers Rob

This piece looks as if it has been unearthed to me, as in ground dug. Any ideas as to that possibility from your source?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast