Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded for

Article about: Hi all, I obtained these interesting badges a few weeks back (couldnt help myself), but I cant find anything them about them on the internet. I thought someone from here may have seen them b

?

Default Anyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded for

Hi all, I obtained these interesting badges a few weeks back (couldnt help myself), but I cant find anything them about them on the internet. I thought someone from here may have seen them before or knows something of them, what they are issued for etc.Anyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded forAnyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded forAnyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded forAnyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded for
    Internet research shows the two makers made a variety of badges during and after the war years.
    The badge with the eagle is maker marked munchen 9 and GES.GESCH (the licence) on the screwback it has the rzm symbol.
    The badge with just the swastika is maker marked deschler&sohn, and Ges.GESCH (the licence).
    Any assistance about there issue etc is appreciated.
    regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded for
    P
    Many

Default Re: Anyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded for

fantasy items, the one one the left is a the center of a war merit cross (KvK) with the points removed.
    Attachment 406459
    The second is just straight fantasy, it has the four triangles of the KVK above joined at the center with a rounded insignia.
    the screw backs being flat and the markings are a dead give away.

Morris

?

Default Re: Anyone seen these badges or can let me know what they are issued/awarded for

Hi Allan,

You didn't find anything about them because they are fantasy items as Morris has said. They are loosely based on the KVK but no award as above existed.
    I hope you didn't lose much money on them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Rather than fantasy I think they were made to decieve because of taking the trouble of adding GES.GESCH

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I guess it depends on how you look at it. In my eyes the makers mark is irrelevant, if the award didn't exist it's fantasy.

Exactly right Adrian
    Morris

?

thanks for your thoughts. The makers name and licence did give an authentic "taste" to them.
    regards

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Exactly right Adrian
    Morris
    I dont think people make these to fantasize Morris but only to rip people off

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

That is true, they were made to rip people off the same as a repro of an EK or a pilot's badge is made to rip people off. The difference being is that an EK or a pilot's badge is a repro of an actual award. An amalgamation of a KVK shape and an eagle and swastika type coin simply didn't exist, someone has invented it, made it up and therefore should be termed as a fantasy piece.
    The same as the 5th Don Cossack badge mated with an SS cap button from a few days ago. It never existed so can't be called a repro because it isn't a reproduction of an actual award, it is a fantasy piece, an invention of someone's mind.
    Both repros and fantasy items are used to try and sucker money out of the unwary so on that point they differ not at all.