Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Army Four Year Service Medal, what do you guys think!!!

Article about: Hey guys i have been offered this for £15 sadly no ribbon but just want a second opinion on it please? Thanks

Default Army Four Year Service Medal, what do you guys think!!!

Hey guys i have been offered this for £15 sadly no ribbon but just want a second opinion on it please?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Four Year Service Medal, what do you guys think!!!   Army Four Year Service Medal, what do you guys think!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Four Year Service Medal, what do you guys think!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Army Four Year Service Medal, what do you guys think!!!

The writing doesn't look very good to me and the eagles detail isn't as good as original ones I've looked at.
    There's one here to compare it to if you like mate? German militaria - iron cross, waffen ss, luftwaffe, paratrooper – Military Antiques Stockholm It's under awards, medals then other awards
    Jay

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    The writing doesn't look very good to me and the eagles detail isn't as good as original ones I've looked at.
    There's one here to compare it to if you like mate? German militaria - iron cross, waffen ss, luftwaffe, paratrooper – Military Antiques Stockholm It's under awards, medals then other awards
    Jay
    ...and its parade mounted to boot !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    Jay
    Hey thanks mate, ive now had a look and im still not quite sure, yeah the detail does look a little soft but it could just be it needs a good clean + the pics arnt great

It could be ok Glenn, I cant decide from those pics. The border looks a bit thin but detail doesnt look too bad to me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Looks ok from here. Maybe a zinc type.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Missing most of the silvering, but looks okey to me. Probably a late war zink that's been eating the silvering for years now. It's seen better days,for sure. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."